Third and fourth grades will be wrapping up taking the state grade level assessments. This is the culminating test that determines how our students compare to other students in the state of Missouri. The teachers have worked extremely hard to implement curriculum and various teaching strategies to ensure our students are making progress and are well prepared for the assessment. It is a collective effort between teachers, special education teachers, Kim Kaufman, Waneta Davidson and Lana Gilliam out reading intervention team. The collaborative effort of this team have worked hard all year long to prepare our students for success.
First through fourth grade will also take the NWEA assessment which measures the students' growth and proficiency. The reports will come home with your child's grade card.
As the school year winds down, it's a great time to look back, look forward and celebrate. Ask your child's teacher what are some things your child can work on over the summer. Talk to your child about the school year and set goals for what changes they would like to make for next year. Look over your child's schoolwork and point our how much they have learned and celebrate. Help your child set learning goals for the summer. Have your child work on math facts and set goals for reading.
- Summer registration is open!
- Summer school begins May 30 and runs through June 21st.
- The flyer was sent home a couple weeks ago. Please contact the elementary office if you need a registration form.
- This year the summer school will be a Lego theme and the students will have the opportunity to attend a field trip each week.
- The teachers have lots of fun activities planned for the students.
- I highly encourage you to send your child to summer school.
Teacher Appreciation Week 2023
- Forsyth District will be honoring our teachers the week of May 9-12.
- Please show your child's teacher a little extra appreciation that week and let them know how much you appreciate him/her.
- Teachers grind away everyday to help your child grow socially, emotionally and academically.
- Thank you in advance for your help in making our teachers feel appreciated.
Congratulations to Brenda Coffelt
Ms. Coffelt will be hanging it up this year. She has devoted her teaching career to Forsyth School District and has made a huge impact on numerous lives. This is her 33rd year in education, all at Forsyth School District. Wow, what an accomplishment! Be sure to congratulate her if you see her.
- Open House for the 2023-2024 school year will be August 17th.
- Classes begin August 22nd.
- The 2023-2024 school calendar is out, if you need a copy please contact the elementary office.
- May 3 & 4 - MAP Testing
- May 5 - Fourth Grade Field Trip to Skateworld ( this is only for the students with perfect attendance during testing days and put forth great effort on the MAP Test)
- May 12 - 4th Grade Field Trip to Fritz's Adventures
- May 19 - Third Grade Field Trip to Wonders of Wildlife
- May 22 - Honor's Night
- May 23 - Kindergarten Celebration
- May 25 - Last Day of School
- May 30 - June 21 - Summer School