Knox Middle School
Knox Middle School Newsletter!
Hello Knox Community!
April was amazing! Our Musical Theatre program performed the Lion King Jr. Thank you to Mr. Jones and Ms. Barr for your dedication to this program. It was an amazing success! Our students started state testing and have been winning some great raffle prizes for their hard work. Thank you to Ms. Pruitt for organizing the Spring Math Competition. It was amazing to see our students shine. Thank you to Coach Medrano for organizing the Spring Believe It! Achieve It! event for our students in PE.
As a reminder there are NO MINIMUM DAYS IN MAY
Our Knox teachers have completed their lesson study rounds across campus. Each Knox teacher is working with a team to implement different strategies to improve student achievement. As a team, they plan lessons and teach together. This collaborative experience helps to support and grow our instructional practices and supports our teachers professional learning experiences. All of our teachers will present their learning from Action Research and their best practices at our June staff meeting.
8th Grade Promotion Ceremony Criteria:
We are open for Saturday and Sunday school to clear absences. Students are encouraged to clear all days they miss. We are open from 8-12pm.
This month at Knox we have many awesome events happening on campus. These include:
- Fun Friday lunch for students sponsored by Positive Movement. (LOP event)
- 8th Grade Promotion Grade Check 5/22
- 8th Grade field trip to the zoo (LOP event)
- 8th grade bowling trip and book signing party (LOP event)
- Field days- All grades (LOP event)
- Finish state testing
- Our Parent Circles and Food Pantry events will continue for our Knox families. We hope you will join us. These events are also open to our 5th grade families.
- 8th grade students must pass all of their classes Second Semester by the cut off date (May 22nd) to participate in the Knox promotion ceremony held at Lincoln. Students that have F's at the cut off date must follow the appeals process to be considered for participation in the ceremony.
Please also follow us on Instagram: knox_middle
Parents- please continue to monitor Power School Parent Portal for your students grades and attendance.
Thank you for your continued support of Knox and our students.
Follow Us On Instagram!
Knox Musical Theatre: The Lion King Jr.
Winners! Spring Math Competition
Believe it! Achieve It! in PE
Knox Parent Website
Feeding America Food Pantry
Key Contacts At Knox:
Assistant Principal (Beginning 1/12)- Lourdes Hirschemail@example.com
Head Counselor-M-Z- Lori Cruz- firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor- A-L- Mary Shirley- email@example.com
Restorative Practices Coordinator-Jeff Ponsford- firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration-Leticia Alva Sanchez- email@example.com
Attendance- Iliana Castaneda Estrellafirstname.lastname@example.org
Site Tech- Power School Parent Portal- Kristen Ojetti- email@example.com
Admin Assist-Linda Dozier- firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Tech-Monica Diazemail@example.com