November 17th, 2023
Discover and foster the unique talents and potential of all students
Hello Thunderbird Nation!
It was great having parents and families on campus this week for conferences. The communication, sharing of information, and goal setting is only going to help our students move forward!
With Thanksgiving week next week, we hope that everyone has a safe and restful holiday! Please remember that some of our school routines could easily fit into this week. Please continue to read with your student each day. If you have guests visiting, having them read with the student is a great way to spend a little of the time together. Also, remember to ask you student aobut their day even when it is not a school day. Showing interestin their life and asking them to share things like this with you grows in importance as your kids get older.
No School 11/20-11/24 for Thanksgiving Recess
Thunderbird Assemblies 11/29
Have a great week!
Have an extraordinary week!
Have your best week yet!
Here is the link to our Tahoe Valley Spirit Wear Store
This week in TK
Thank you for taking the time to meet with us for your child's parent-teacher conference this week. We are happy to be a partner in your child's succuss. Just a reminder, next week is Thanksgiving Break 🦃👪💞 Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with love💗 and happiness 😊, The TK Team
This Week in Kindergarten
We are looking forward to seeing your child on November 27th, Happy Thanksgiving.
This Week in First Grade
- It was a very busy week full of minimum days and parent conferences. They school day might have been short but we packed them full of Math, Science, PE, Music, Thanksgiving stories and fun activities. Thank you to all the families that made it to their child's conference. It was great to share all the progress and goals for 1st grade. Enjoy the Thanksgiving break. We will see you back on Monday November 27th. Be thankful for everyone and thing you have in your life.
Tahoe Valley First Grade Team
This Week in 2nd Grade
Thank you for a great first trimester and it was great seeing all of you during parent/teacher conferences. We are looking forward to another wonderful trimester. Report Cards go home on Dec. 8. School will be closed next week for Thanksgiving break. Have a great week off and see you all back on Nov. 27, 2023. We are thankful for all you do and support.
This week in Third Grade
This week in 4th grade
This week in 5th grade
This week in Performing Arts and Music
🎵Music Class: Country of the Month-Japan Composer of the Month-Koji Kondo
Music Words of the Week-Smooth & Jerky Instrument of the Week-Chindon Taiko
- 🔴TK Classes practiced their holiday song using the jingle bells and practiced keeping a steady beat and reading iconic rhythms! 🔔 TK Holiday Performance will be Friday 12/22 at 8:30am!
- 🟠Kindergarten classes practiced their holiday song and played jingle bells while reading iconic rhythms! ☃️ Kindergarten Holiday Performance will be Friday 12/22 at 8:30am!
- 🟡1st Grade classes practiced their holiday song and dance for their holiday performance! ☃️ 1st Grade Holiday Performance will be Friday 12/22 at 8:30am!
- 🟢2nd Grade classes continued working on their holiday song for our holiday performance and started learning their choreography. 2nd Grade Holiday Performance will be Friday 12/22 at 9:15am! ☃️
- 🔵 3rd Grade classes continued working on their musical❄️On With The Snow❄️ this week! The performance for On With The Snow will be Friday 12/15 at 1:30pm. 🎭 3rd Grade Holiday Performance will be Friday 12/22 at 9:15am!
- 🟣4th Grade Classes started learning their holiday song for the Holiday Performance. 4th Grade Holiday Performance will be Friday 12/22 at 9:15am! ☃️
- 🌈5th Grade Classes continued working on their song for our Holiday Choir Concert! 5th Grade Holiday Performance will be Friday 12/22 at 9:15am! ☃️ They also continued working on songs for their grade level musical Pirates 2! 🏴☠️ Stay tuned for dates and times! 🎭
🎤Thunderbird Choir (3rd - 5th grades only):
- Important Dates:
(THIS SATURDAY!) November 18th 11:00am - 11:30am (arrive by 10:30am) Valhalla Holiday Faire
December 2nd 5:30pm - 6:00pm (please arrive by 5:00pm) Winter Fest
December 4th 5:00pm - 6:30pm Bally’s Concert Rehearsal
December 5th 7pm(please arrive NO LATER than 6:30pm)27th Annual Bally’s Holiday Extravaganza
December 9th 9:30am - 10:00am (please arrive by 9:15am) Santa’s Breakfast
December 9th 4:30pm - 5pm (please arrive by 4:00pm) Festival of Winter Lights/Holiday Market
This week in STEAM we started making our snowflakes for our Christmas tree. The high school every year does a festival of trees that each school decorates and this year we are making an all snowflake tree! It will be beautiful! You will be able to see the tree after break. Have a great Thanksgiving break!!
This week we have been reading about turkeys and Thanksgiving! This week has been so fast but make sure your kids keep track of their books over break so they get new ones the week we come back!