Grand River Academy- November
It's hard to believe that it's already November! We are in full swing for the second quarter. We appreciate your support of your student and their schooling. You are an important part of their education! Here are some important things to know for this month:
- Would you please check ParentVue to see student grades for both online and blended middle school and online high school? Grades are updated there regularly so you can see progress. Blended high school has been relying on grades in Odysseyware so it's important to check your student's progress in Odysseyware on a regular basis. Elementary school students get a weekly progress report.
- It's important that students attend all of their Google Meets. For online-only students, there are Google Meets on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Blended students need to attend a Google Meet for their elective (this happens once a week). Attendance is taken for students' Google Meet time. If they do not attend their Google Meet it will be recorded in their attendance record and you will receive a phone call from our automated system.
- We are working on a system to notify parents if their student has not logged on to Odysseyware by 3:00 pm each day. Parents would receive a phone call if their student hasn't logged on by 3:00 pm Monday-Friday. This is to help parents monitor their student's Odysseyware use. We hope to have this system up and running in the coming weeks.
- Below are links to a document and a video showing how to log onto a Google Meet virtual call. Let us know if you have questions.
Kids Aid Backpack Program
Kids Aid is here to help with extra food over the weekends so our Grand Valley kids can be kids! We serve 70 sites from preschool through college and provide up to 2,000 food bags per week. We give bags to any child, no qualifications necessary. Be sure to ask your school site coordinator, administrator, or teacher to get you signed up! (All requests are anonymous.)
Food bags contain breakfast, lunch/dinner, and snack options to cover weekend meals for one child. We do our best to offer a variety of items based on availability and cost. Families with multiple children can request a bag for each child in the household. Starting in the fall of 2021, Kids Aid will partner with Food Bank of the Rockies to include kid friendly, easy to cook recipes to encourage creative and nutritious meal preparation with items included in our weekly food bags.
If you have any questions, please visit our website for more information: www.kidsaidcolorado.org
Call or email our office directly at:
Each Penny= +1 point
$1 = +100 points
$5 = +500 points
$10= +1,000 points
Nickel = - 5 points
Dime = -10 points
Quarter = -25 points
This is a fun way for students to have some friendly competition and raise funds for one of our classrooms. So send in your pennies!
Reminders & Upcoming Dates
- Parent-teacher conferences will be Thursday, November 11th from 4 pm- 8 pm. More information will be coming.
- There will be no school for any student on November 22nd-26th for the Thanksgiving break. This is an excellent time for your student to catch up if they are behind in their lessons.
- If your child is feeling ill, please keep them home and call the school to report it. If children become ill at school we will call to have you pick them up.
- Just a reminder that masks are highly encouraged. They will be required in classrooms/grades when a certain number of cases within a 14 day period is reached. The number of cases that trigger this is different for middle/high school and elementary school. Please see the complete D51 "Keeping Schools Open" plan.