Welcome Back To School
I look forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our students will achieve their highest potential. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child's education. We ask that you guide and support your child's learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Attends school daily and arrives on time ready for the day's learning
- Completes all homework assignments
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Practice their math facts daily
Tools for School ( Free School Supplies)
Beginning the 2023-2024 school year, a change will made in our k-4 math series. In anticipation of a math change, Forsyth Elementary teachers spent 2 years researching math curriculums and best practices for teaching math to k-4 children. FES will be adopting Reveal math. The new math materials will provide rigor and meet the needs of high achieving students as well as those students who need additional time and support. Reveal math will be aligned to FES and state standards.
In class, your child will explore new concepts and develop new skills as they expand their math thinking and problem-solving skills. The unit and lesson routines will help increase your child's confidence in their math ability while building mastery of mathematical relationships and operations.
You and your child can access Reveal Math online from home with an online account that will give you access to program materials including math videos with lesson concepts, digital manipulatives, and digital games. Your child's teacher will share additional information in the near future.
We invite you to read the Family Letter at the beginning of each unit. The letter will provide an introduction to the concepts to be learned in the unit, terms used in instruction, and a home connection. Thank you for your support of your child's learning and growth.
New Parent Information System
Infinite Campus will take the place of Tyler SIS this school year. Stay up to date on grades, assignments attendance and more with Infinite Campus. Infinite Campus will be the new learning system that Forsyth School District will be utilizing this school year.
Campus Parent can be accessed on the web (login information will come from the district) or by using Campus Parent mobile app.
Additional information will be sent out soon.
New Staff Members
- Becky McCullison is coming to us from Kansas City, Mo with 15 years of experience and an eagerness to learn. She has a lot to offer our district and we are looking forward to her joining our team. She will be teaching second grade.
- Laura Burton is coming from Hollister School District with 12 years experience in education and is a fourth-generation teacher who grew up in Taney County. She will be a great asset to our team. Mrs. Burton will be teaching fourth grade social studies and science.
- Vanessa Bates will be transitioning from paraprofessional to a special education teacher. Mrs. Bates has worked in the district years for over 15 years as a substitute teacher and paraprofessional. She is hardworking, creative and goal driven. She will be amazing in her new role.
- Enter the school through Panther Street and remain in the drop-off/pick-up line in you are dropping off or picking up your child.
- If you have to come into the building, please park and use the crosswalk to enter the school.
- DO NOT exit out of the line to drive around cars. This is unsafe and illegal! Please be patient, this is for the safety of our students.
- We appreciate in advance your patience and cooperation in keeping safety a top priority.
Below is a list of important information that might be helpful
- The campus will open doors at 7:40 a.m.
- Students can be dropped off between 7:40 a.m. and 8:05 a.m. Students are tardy after 8:05 a.m. and will need to be checked in at the office.
- Breakfast is served in the classroom between 7:40 a.m. and 8:05 a.m. Breakfast is free to all elementary students.
- Dismissal is at 3:15 p.m.
- Any transportation changes need to be made by 2:00 p.m.
- Open House August 17 from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m.
- First day of classes August 22nd.