Knox Middle School
Knox Middle School Newsletter!
March was amazing! Our students had a great time during STEM week designing, planning, building and experimenting. Each class of students was able to showcase their projects and experiments to their peers on Friday afternoon. Our Knox students also excelled in their virtual presentations to the 5th grade students at Porter, Baker, Balboa, Chavez, Nye and Valencia Park. Thank you to our Knox staff who put forth so much time and effort planning for a week packed with learning, collaborating, and fun!
April is going to be a great month at Knox. Our teachers will all be participating in a Lesson Study as part of their Knox Action Research Projects. During that lesson study, teachers will measure the impact of various instructional strategies on student learning and engagement. In addition, we are thankful to have Jennifer Finney on site for 4 days coaching our Knox teachers with additional Lesson Study opportunities focused around supporting our Multi Lingual Learners. This is a follow up to the second Professional Development our Knox teachers had with Dr. Kate Kinsella at Knox in March.
8th Grade Promotion Ceremony Criteria:
We are open for Saturday and Sunday school to clear absences. Students are encouraged to clear all days they miss. We are open from 8-12pm.
This month at Knox we have many awesome events happening on campus. These include:
- Student-led Conferences April 6th at 8:15
- Fun Friday lunch for students sponsored by Positive Movement.
- State Testing Begins April 17th
- Knox's Lion King Jr. Musical
- 8th Grade PE Dance Residency
- Advisory Dance Pop Up
- State Testing Raffle Rewards- Zoo Field Trip, Safari Park Field Trip, Pie a Teacher, Donuts, etc.
- p4 Progress reporting period ends April 21st (this LOP list will be used to determine if students are eligible for End Of The Year Activities)
- Our Parent Circles and Food Pantry events will continue for our Knox families. We hope you will join us. These events are also open to our 5th grade families.
- 8th grade students must pass all of their classes Second Semester by the cut off date (May 22nd) to participate in the Knox promotion ceremony held at Lincoln. Students that have F's at the cut off date must follow the appeals process to be considered for participation in the ceremony.
Please also follow us on Instagram: knox_middle
Parents- please continue to monitor Power School Parent Portal for your students grades and attendance.
Thank you for your continued support of Knox and our students.
Follow Us On Instagram!
Student-led Conferences April 6th 8:15-9:05
STEM Week Success!
Thank you to our partners at i2 Learning and Vertex for a great STEM week!
Knox Parent Website
Feeding America Food Pantry
Key Contacts At Knox:
Assistant Principal (Beginning 1/12)- Lourdes Hirschemail@example.com
Head Counselor-M-Z- Lori Cruz- firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor- A-L- Mary Shirley- email@example.com
Restorative Practices Coordinator-Jeff Ponsford- firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration-Leticia Alva Sanchez- email@example.com
Attendance- Iliana Castaneda Estrellafirstname.lastname@example.org
Site Tech- Power School Parent Portal- Kristen Ojetti- email@example.com
Admin Assist-Linda Dozier- firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Tech-Monica Diazemail@example.com