"Fifteen-year-old Leslie hides her lack of sexual experience behind a provocative facade of micro-miniskirts and fishnet stockings. She talks tough, skips school, and dabbles in drugs, but her journal reveals her vulnerable side. Stinging from her parents’ divorce and fearful of losing her well-behaved best friend, Leslie falls for an older boy, Jason, who reels her into a terrifying world of date rape, abuse and blackmail."
Awards and Citations
- The American Library Association: “Best Books for Young Adults, 2002"
- The American Library Association: "Best Reading List, 2003"
- A.L.A.'s Young Adult Learning Services Association: “Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2001”
- A.L.A.'s Young Adult Learning Services Association: "Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2003"
- Canadian Bookseller: "The Best of Canadian Young Adult: Gems of 2000"
- McNally Robinson Booksellers Online: "Our Choice 2001"
- The Canadian Children's Book Centre: "Best Books for Young Adults."
- The Tayshas Reading Circle Award
- The White Pines Award (runner-up)