4th Grade Weekly Happenings
Reagan Elementary School - Leander ISD
Week of April 11-15, 2016
What Are We Learning About This Week?
- Fact and opinion
- Variables & expressions
- Persuasive letter
- Plant adaptations
- Life cycles
- The Republic of Texas
- Begin Famous Texans research project
Math & Language Arts homework is weekly and should be completed anytime between Monday and Sunday. It is due no later than Sunday at 9 pm.
- Begin Famous Texans research project: Selection sheets due Thursday, April 14
- Required: Complete at least 2 20-minute sessions (40 minutes total) in IStation
Note: IStation directions are in students' take home binders behind the Homework tab.
- Required: Read 100 minutes
MATH (PLEASE READ - CHANGING THIS WEEK)
- Required: Pass at least 3 lessons in Think Through Math (It does count as passing a full lesson if you skip out of it through the pre-test!). This should bring your total number of lessons passed in all time in TTM to at least 5.
Note: We logged in for the first time in class, and all students have their log-in information taped inside their take home binders. See the picture below for a screenshot explaining in detail how to complete this assignment.
- Optional: Continue practicing in Xtra Math (strongly recommended for students who have not mastered all basic multiplication facts) and SumDog
Note: Please let us know if your child does not have access to an internet-connected device at home to complete online assignments so that we can come up with an alternate plan for your child.
Cafeteria Check Policy
Playground Design Project - Donations Needed!
- Wooden sticks such as toothpicks, craft sticks, or tongue depressors
- Cardboard tubes such as toilet paper tubes or paper towel tubes
- Plastic straws beverage lids
- Bottle corks
- Empty thread spools
- Plastic containers
- Cardboard, tagboard, or foam board
- Copper wire
- Rubber bands
- Pipe cleaners
- Twist ties
- Modeling clay
- Stale marshmallows
- Any other craft or hobby items
Classroom Supply Wish List
Mrs. Weltzin: Click to view my classroom wishlist on Amazon
Mrs. Eddy: Nothing at this time