The Blake Buzz
April 11-15, 2016
What's Happening this Week?
Dear Blake Staff:
Welcome Back! I hope everyone took time to relax, exercise, sleep, travel, catch up on their "to-do" lists, read, go see a movie, shop, or ANYTHING you haven't been doing because you have been spending all of your time and energy on teaching and supporting our students. Leslie and I are grateful to have such hard-working, caring, and committed professionals working at Blake. It's truly an honor to work with you, putting all of our great ideas together to focus on what's best for OUR KIDS. You're the best, and we appreciate you!
- Send copies of classroom/team newsletters to office
- NO MEETINGS this Tuesday! You may want to use this time to finalize your artifacts and Student Growth Goals with your teammates. These are due NO LATER than this Friday, April 15. However, Susan and Leslie will be working late this week to review these each evening, if you submit your artifacts and SGG reflection sheet before Friday. If you are unsure whether your artifacts show all that you have done professionally, and you would like them looked at before the deadline, we will try our best to check over them earlier so you can have more time to add to them.
- JCPS Principals' Meeting
- ILT Meeting 4pm
- LAST DAY to submit PGES Student Growth Goal evidence and artifacts
- Teaching assignments distributed
- SUPER HERO/MOVIE CHARACTER DRESS UP DAY- Students and staff may dress up as their favorite movie character or SUPER HERO, with $1.00 more donation to the PTA for the Playground Fund!
Other Important Dates to Remember:
April 18-22 is Mayor Fisher's Give a Week of Service.
Marion Johnson has graciously agreed to lead our efforts this year. Students and staff are going to contribute to KY Humane Society. If you would like your class to do their own community service project, we encourage you to do so. More info to come this week.
- Committee Meetings 4pm
- Class and Spring Picture Day (Uniform Break Day)
- SBDM Meeting 4:15pm
We will have 3 more DRESS-UP DAYS to benefit the PTA's Playground Fund!
All students and staff who would like to participate are asked to bring $1.00 OR MORE per day to donate toward our playground fund. We are less than $1000 away from installing our commercial grade swings, and hope to get them built before the end of the year. If our grants are funded, Phase 2 construction will begin.
Friday, 4/22- “TWINS” Day-Students and staff choose a friend to dress up like twins in matching outfits.
Friday, 4/29- Wacky Tacky Day- Dress in the wackiest, tackiest way imaginable...Stripes with plaids, polka dots, mismatched socks, inside out, backwards, you name it!
Thursday, 5/5-Crazy Hair Day or DERBY FEVER- Wear your hair however you want, the CRAZIER the BETTER ! If you prefer to be a little more tame, dress up like you are going to the Kentucky Derby.
WE NEED THE STAFF'S HELP ON OUR FUNDRAISERS!
Do you shop online? If so, please do it through www.schoolstore.com. Our PTA will get a percentage of your purchase, and this costs nothing to you, except what you choose to buy. Simply create an account. There are over 400 merchants to shop from, including Kohl's Walmart, Target, Sears, JC Penney, Best Buy, GAP, Barnes & Noble, Walgreens, Weight Watchers, Avon, Kmart, Groupon, Dollar General, Beach Body, Bass Pro Shops, Sam’s Club, Staples, Office Depot, Vudu, and many more!
KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS PROGRAM
Go to krogercommunityrewards.com and have your Kroger card handy. Register your card with Blake Elementary when you sign up. Our NPO number is 40380. From 12/1/15-2/29/16 we earned $298.84, thanks to the 39 families that signed up with Kroger Community Reward Program.
Download the free app “Shoparoo,” find Blake Elementary, pick a grade level to support, or support the whole school, and start snapping pictures of receipts from ANYWHERE! All you do is use your smartphone to take pictures of you and your friends' and family's receipts for clothing, gas, grocery, restaurants, pharmacies, online stores, etc. Almost every receipt counts! To date, our PTA has earned $400.00.
Thank you to all of you who are supporting our PTA! We appreciate all that you are doing to help our kids have a playground!