Peyton Carruth and Claudia Villa
What is a tornado?
A tornado is a funnel shaped cloud that rips through and destroys everything in its path. Tornadoes are geologically caused by the unstable air
Impact on our environment and people
- Trees are up rooted
- Kills animals which effects the food chain
- Water contamination
- Destruction to shelters
- Cause many deaths
- Communities are effected
How to be prepared and stay safe
To stay safe during a tornado, you can........
- Have a plan
- Create a tornado survival kit
- Be alert to changing weather conditions
- Listen to the radio
- Make a communication plan
Some common locations are Northern Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska.
House Destroyed by Tornado - Caught on Surveillance Camera
- Tornadoes can last to about 1-2 hours or 4 hours, in extreme cases, and can be as tall as 75 feet.
- The effects causes by tornado can be devastating and the damage caused can be one mile wide and 50 mile long.
Most tornadoes travel few miles before they exhaust themselves.
Nobody gets hurt today!
Our main goal is to have people educated and prepared for a tornado. We also help those in need that have been through a tornado.
How you can help
We have volunteer sign ups on our website. We also have a go fund me account for donations. For more information visit our website listed below.