VAMS Panther Pause Newsletter
September 4, 2015
- Monday, September 7 - Labor Day Holiday - No School
- Wednesday, September 9 - Fundraiser Kick-off
- Tuesday, September 15 - "Old School" Curriculum Night for parents from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 22 - Fundraiser Orders Due
- Friday, September 25 - Back to School Dance - 5th/6th grade dance 5:30-7:00 & 7th/8th grade dance 7:30-9:30
- Saturday, October 3 - Fall Festival 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at the high school
- Monday, October 5 - Fair Day - No School
- Pep Rally Dates - Sept. 10, Sept. 24, Oct. 22, Nov. 5 (Pep Rallies begin @ 2:49)
- Student Dance Dates - Sept. 25, Dec. 4, Feb. 12, Apr. 29 (5th/6th grade dance 5:30-7:00 and 7th/8th grade dance 7:30-9:30)
Curriculum Night "Old School"
6:00 - First Bell - Report to your child's first period class.
6:04-6:14 - 1st Period
6:17-6:27 - 2nd Period
6:30-6:40 - 3rd Period
6:43-6:53 - 4th Period
6:57-7:07 - 5th Period
7:10-7:20 - 6th Period
7:23-7:33 - 7th Period
7th Graders - Immunization Records Needed
5th Graders Using Chromebooks
A student can only lose eligibility at the end of a nine weeks grading period (with the exception of the first nine weeks when they can lose eligibility at the six weeks period). If a student is passing all subjects at the end of a nine weeks grading period, he/she will remain eligible to participate in extra-curricular activities until the end of the next nine weeks grading period. A student who fails any subject for the nine weeks becomes ineligible to participate in any extra-curricular activity at 3:00 the Friday following report cards. Students can regain eligibility if they are passing all classes at the following times: at the end of the three weeks reporting period, at the end of the six weeks reporting period, and at the end of the nine weeks grading period. They will regain eligibility at 3:00 the Friday after progress reports or report cards come out.
Cell Phone Policy
Volleyball - Thursday, September 10 @ 4:30 - home game vs. Tom Bean
Football - Thursday, September 10 @ 4:30 - home game vs. Anna