By: Gabby Raffles and Nicole Catania
What is it?
Crack Cocaine is a form of cocaine that can be smoked. It is mixed with water and other solvents then cooked into a hard, rock form. Crack Cocaine is usually purchased in a solid figure, but also sometimes bought in a powder formation.
- Hard Rock
- Sugar Block
- Apple Jacks
- Topo (Spanish)
Effects and dangers of the drug
- Severe depression
- Addiction, even after a single use
- Heart attacks
- Brain Seizures
- Aggressive, paranoid behavior
- Intense euphoria
- Dilated pupils
- Increased blood pressure
- Intense drug-craving
- Respiratory failure
- 8.6 million Americans age 12 and older have used Crack Cocaine in 2006.
- 7.5 million Americans have used cocaine at least once in their life.
- In 2005, 448,481 emergency department visits occurred.
Crack cocaine causes the worst forms of injuries ever, and going through a heart attack or a seizure can be very life threatening. We highly recommend to not try, nor even get near Crack Cocaine because once you try it, you never stop. This drug is highly addictive and could ruin your future. Don't put yourself through this horrible drug, and don't even think about starting it.
Questions from original handout
- What are your feelings and attitudes about drug abuse?
- Our opinion on this drug is that it is highly addictive, and the negative effects are greater than the positive effects so we think that you shouldn't take it if it is going to hurt you more than help you.
- What should I do if I hear kids in my school using drugs?
- You should stay away from those kids because they will either try to persuade you to do it, or they will smoke it whenever they are around you so you are tempted to try it.