"See me and come live with me are two different things".
Facts About Jamaica
- Capital: Kingston
- Population: 2,600,000
- Abolished Slavery In 1834 (While Still Under British Rule)
- James Bond Is Jamaican
- Jamaica Is One Of The Only Two Country's To Not Have Red, White, or Blue On Their Flag (Mauritainia Is Only Other)
- Very Few Snakes, The Mongoose Snake Has Killed More Than Half Of The Snake Population
- African Slaves Brought A New Form Of Religion To Jamaica, Obeahism. Obeahism is a form of Voodoo that is still practiced on the island but is kept quiet because you can be punished to death if you got caught practicing Obeahism. People who practice this religion believe that Obeah man can bring evil spirits to bring good or bad luck to others.
- In 1988, Jamaica became the first tropical country to enter in a winter Olympic sport. (Bobsledding)
- Ethnic Groups: African American (90.9%), Mixed (7.3%), East Indian (1.3%), White (0.2%), Chinese (0.2%)
Taken most of Jamaican snake population.
First country in Tropical region to enter into an Olympic Sport.
The spirit/god that Obeahist worship.
Jamaica is a Parliamentary Democracy governed under there constitution from 1962. It has a bicameral parliament made up of a 21-member senate and a 60-member house of representatives. The country has two main political parties, the Jamaican Labor Party and the People's National Party.
A popular Jamaican food is "Curry Goat" Curry Goat's main ingredients are Goat Meat and Scotch Bonnet Peppers. It is often served at parties or family gatherings. Another Popular Jamaican food is fried plantain, fried plantain is cooked wherever plantains grow. Plantain is a low-growing green plant and is often in lawns in Jamaica. Most of Jamaicans popular foods have been adopted from East Asia, India or Spanish originality.
A food in Jamaica often used at parties or gatherings.
A plant that often grows in lawns in Jamaican and is often fried and eaten
Where most of Jamaica's popular food is originated from.
Soccer is very popular in Jamaica, Jamaica's national soccer team has won the Caribbean Cup 6 times and has always done very well in the past in soccer. They are always ranked towards the top in the North American soccer league. Also, running is very big in Jamaica. The fasted man in the world, Usain Bolt, is from Jamaica his 40 meter dash time is barely over 4 seconds! Usain won several gold medals in the 2012 Summer Olympics
One Of The Fastest Runners In The World
Jamaica Has Always Had A Very Successful Soccer Team
Image Of Usain Bolt At 2012 Olympics
Andrew Holness is Jamaica's current Prime Minister of Jamaica. He has been Prime Minister since March 3, 2016. He is part of the People's Nation Party, he is 42 years old.