Guidance Office News & Events for Pius X Seniors
Dear Parents and Students,
The weeks continue to speed along towards graduation. We strongly encourage every family to consider the following items to ensure the best possible opportunity for proactive action and confident preparation for the college adventure that is to come!
- College Applications - Some seniors have not yet completed any college admissions applications. Please consider doing so in the immediate future. We invite any seniors needing assistance to stop in and meet with a counselor. We look forward to helping!
- Scholarships - There are still many scholarships available! Please pay close attention to deadlines and complete all requirements before scholarship due dates. We invite all seniors to check out the Scholarship List in Naviance under the College Tab. Students planning to attend college in Nebraska should also check out Scholarship Quest!
- Transcripts - All transcript requests process through Naviance under the Colleges tab. Students may request the transcripts be sent to themselves if needed. Indicate the number of copies requested in the notes box of the request and specify the date they will be picked up in the Guidance Office.
- Accomplishments - Any student receiving a scholarship to any school or from any organization should bring a copy of the award letter to the Guidance Office by Wednesday, May 11th, even if the scholarship will not be used! We would love to recognize each student's accomplishments in the graduation program!
College Tuition Opportunities!
All students should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The deadline for maximum eligibility for aid at UNL and many other colleges is April 1st. Parents and students will need to have their tax return completed before they fill out the FAFSA and families can save time by linking their FAFSA to the IRS. EducationQuest has many tools to assist with completing the FAFSA! Details are available at EducationQuest! Please contact EducationQuest for assistance with the FAFSA at 402-475-5222.
Southeast Community College Discovery Days
SCC Discovery Days will give students the opportunity to experience SCCfirst-hand. Discovery Days will create an opportunity to ask questions about a variety of topics from Programs of Study to how to pay for college and use support services. Campus tours are also available. There is no cost to attend and lunch is provided. Click here for more information!
NWU Full Tuition Program
Nebraska Wesleyan began a full tuition program for students who meet academic and financial need qualifications. The scholarship will be equal to the cost of tuition after state and federal grants are applied to a student’s financial aid award. The student/family Estimated Family Contribution based on completing the FAFSA must not exceed $1000. Click here for more information!
Families participating in free and reduced lunches may be eligible for CollegeBound Nebraska tuition assistance and Pell Grant. CBN pays for full tuition at any state college or university for eligible students! Students must complete the FAFSA and the CBN application by April 1st!
Important Dates and Items to Remember!
Lincoln Police Department Job Shadow Day is March 31st from 12:00pm-3:00pm! Please stop in the Guidance Office for details on how to register! Students will spend time behind the badge learning about CSI, K-9 units, SWAT, and the hiring process for working for LPD!
- Seniors must complete 36 service hours by May! Please see Ms. Milana with questions!
- Please be aware of graduation requirements and meet them all in order to participate in the graduation ceremony!
- Senior/Parent Breakfast will be on May 16th from approximately 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM. Seniors do not have school on this day.
- Finals will be on May 17th (Periods 5-8) and May 18th (Periods 1-4)
- Mandatory graduation practice takes place in the L/PAC following 4th period on May 18th.
- Graduation will take place on Sunday, May 22nd at 1:30 PM in the Lied Center!