St. Jerome School Weekly Reminders
Week of November 7th, 2022
“My Jesus, if you uphold me, I shall not fall.”
St. Philip Neri
Reminders for the Week:
*Click here for the St. Jerome Parish Sunday Bulletin; please join us for Sunday Mass each week: 4:30 PM (Saturday Vigil), 6:30 AM, 8:00 AM, 9:30 AM (Children's Liturgy of the Word), & 11:00 AM. The Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) is offered on Saturdays from 3:30 PM to 4:15 PM or by appointment.
*Please remember to use the new visitor's entrance. Please visit the Blessed Mother Office for all St. Jerome School business including dropping off lunches or forgotten items, signing out students for early pickup, and dropping off students after 7:45 AM. This includes 6th, 7th, and 8th graders whose homerooms are in the St. Joseph Building. We have shelves in the office for dropping off items as well as for lost and found.
*There is no school on Friday; information for scheduling parent/teacher conferences was included in last week's newsletter and is also below.
*This Thursday, Fr. Reilly will preside over our November Holy Hour and Veterans Day Prayer Service at 10:15 AM.
*Pretzel orders for the second trimester are due this Thursday; the form was in the Wednesday folder and is also here.
*Please remember that our Family Connections Liaison, Melissa Rizzo-Bilynsky (email@example.com), has arranged for a virtual parent presentation on Tuesday at 4:00 PM. Here is the Zoom link: https://catapultlearning.zoom.us/j/94367324544?pwd=V1ZUZlE4V2hYZ0xvSlVPU1B3QktMQT09
*RSVPs for our Home and School Association's Family Bingo Night (Friday, November 18th) are due this Friday. You can register your family online at: https://forms.gle/MQRN3bLMTDDkqL7e8.
*Our Spirit Wear Store through Sixsmith is now open here; orders are due by November 14th in order to have the items ready for Christmas. The selections includes t-shirts, sweatpants, jackets, winter hats and new this year, backpacks.
*Friday, November 11th has been set aside for parent/teacher conferences. There is no school for students on that day. Scheduling information will be in the Wednesday newsletter and begin on Thursday. All scheduling will be completed through OptionC.
*Our Home and School Association is sponsoring a raffle for $500.00 in cash or a tuiton credit. Please click here for more information.
*Children's Scholarship Fund Philadelphia made enhancements to their scholarship application this year. They removed the 4 year limit, created a minimum
scholarship amount ($1,200), and updated income requirements. Apply for a scholarship now: www.csfphiladelphia.org/scholarship
*Virtue of the Month for November: Courtesy
*Gym Day Schedule (1st-8th Grade Students Wear Gym Uniforms on Gym Day):
- Monday: 4th, 5th, 6A, 6B, 7A, 7B, 8th
- Tuesday: PreK-3, PreK-4, KA, KB, 1st, 2nd, 3rd
*If your child will be absent, please call school and leave a message: 215-624-0637. If your child will need to be dismissed early, please notify your child's teacher.
*If you shop at Rite Aid, you can earn rewards for St. Jerome School at no cost to you; click here for more information.
*Support St. Jerome School while shopping on Amazon; click here to designate St. Jerome as your chosen organization. Then, go to smile.amazon.com when you shop. St. Jerome will earn 0.5% of each purchase (at no cost to you)!
*Our school website's Communication Page contains copies of the flyers that we send home as well as an archive of the school newsletters.
*Our school website's Calendar Page has a listing of all events on a Google Calendar.
*Remember that Box Tops have gone electronic, but you can still use them to support St. Jerome School; click here for more information.
Parent/Teacher Conferences (November 11th, 2022)
- Parent/teacher conferences days are scheduled for Friday, November 11th, 2022. There is no school for students that day.
- All conferences will be scheduled through OptionC. There is a handout below to help you with this. The scheduling will allow you to make appointments with multiple teachers if necessary.
- Scheduling begins on Thursday, November 3rd and ends on Thursday, November 10th.
- Conferences are not required, but our teachers look forward to discussing your child's progress. Your child's teacher will reach out to you if he or she requests a conference.
- Conferences will be conducted in-person. Please indicate when you sign up if you would like to meet via phone. Otherwise, the teachers will assume that the conference will be in-person.
- If your teacher does not have any open slots or you can not make a time on November 11th, you may email your child's teacher to schedule another mutually convenient time.