November 7, 2016
A Principal's Perspective
When we think differently about the things that we are used to seeing daily, we can create innovative learning opportunities. Innovation is a way of thinking that creates something new and better. Innovation can come from either "invention" (something totally new) or "iteration" (a change of something that already exists). Questioning what we do and why we do it is essential for innovation. Overall the most important question to ask is, "What is best for the learner?" The Innovator's Mindset by George Couros
My professional goal as the principal of GP is to cultivate a culture of innovation. It is interesting to see activities, instruction, implementation of ideas, and risk taking through the lense of innovation. Having a focused eye looking for innovation around campus is exciting! How about you? Have you noticed innovation in your classroom, grade level, or on campus? If so, please share by going to the link provided in the graphic below.
Be Innovative - Design the possibilities!
Morning Duties of the Week
Morning Assembly (7:20): Hastings
Gym (7:20): Michelson
Cafeteria (7:20): Lewis
Bus (7:15 - Buses/ Cafeteria after all buses arrive): Paine
Parent Drop Off Direct Traffic (7:20-7:50): S. Rhine
Parent Drop Off Car Doors (7:20-7:50): Henry & Littlefield
Counselor Schedule: 3rd & 4th
Librarian: Monday & Tuesday at GP
Week at a Glance
Saturday: Chrissy's Closet Clothing Drive 8:00-12:00 @ College View High School
Sunday: 12:00 AM Daylight Savings Time - Fall Back
Monday: 2nd - 4th 3 Week Progress Reports due by 8:00 am; PTO Grants Open Look for E-mail
Tuesday: Voting Day!
Wednesday: Specialists & Tech Open Office Hours 3:15-4:15
Thursday: BRAVE 3:15-4:15; SIT Group #1 (Gibbs, Owen, LeBlanc, Bingaman/Sullivan/Simmons/Hughes & S. Rhine, Cooper/McGregor), CSISD Grant Patrol
Friday: Veteran's Day; Math Meetings K-4 During Conference Time
News & Notes
- Interested in joining a community of teacher writers? Check out the CSISD Writing Project - Thursday, January 19th, 8:30-3:30 in the Boardroom. If interested, talk with Donna.
- Interested in learning more about co-teaching with SPED? Please see Donna for more information.
- Per CSISD Success Team on November 3rd - If having a guest speaker, they must complete a CSISD Volunteer Application online before they speak on campus. Please discuss with the speaker what they are going to talk about before their presentation to students.
- Please turn in Operation Christmas Child shoebox items by Thursday, November 10th. Please encourage your students to bring only 1 item to contribute to the project. BRAVE will be boxing up the items on the 10th. REACH will be wrapping them the following Thursday!
All About the Social Committee
Mustang Yee Haws!
- Brags, brags, and more brags from our guest speakers this week! Thank you to all staff for setting high expectations for our students on what it means to be a member of an audience and reinforcing those expectations! Awesome!