Badger Parents Newsletter
Volume 1, Issue 13
OUR NEXT MONTH AT A GLANCE
- 5/9 -STAAR Testing / 6th & 7th Grade Math / 8th Grade Math STAAR Retest / Closed Campus to Visitors
- 5/10 -STAAR Testing / 6th & 7th Grade Reading / 8th Grade Reading STAAR Retest / Closed Campus to Visitors
- 5/11 - STAAR Testing / 8th Grade Science / Closed Campus to Visitors
- 5/11-National Nurse Day / We love nurse, Mrs. Gilmore!
- 5/12 - STAAR Testing / 8th Grade Social Studies / Closed Campus to Visitors
- 5/12 -Soccer Game vs. Wayside / BHS / 5:30 & 6:40Friday
- 5/16 - Soccer Game vs. PV / CTHS / 5:30 & 6:40
- 5/17 - Band Concerts @ CTHS - Beginning @ 6:30 / Symphonic & Honors / 7:30
- 5/20 & 5/21 - Soccer Tournament
- 5/21 - Theater Monologue Showcase / Ed Willkie / 2:00 - 4:00 pm
- 5/23 - Choir Concerts @ EW - 6th, 7th & 8th Grade Choirs / 6:30 pm
- 5/24 - Soccer Game vs. HMS / CTHS / 5:30 & 6:40
- 5/25 - 6th Grade Art Field Trip / Kimbell Art Museum
- 5/25 - 2017 DC Parent Meeting / 6:00 pm
- 5/26 - 7th Grade Art Field Trip / Dallas Cowboy Stadium
- 5/26 - 8th grade awards ceremony - Invitations will be sent for recipients in a few weeks / Cafeteria / 6:30
- 5/27 - 6th grade awards ceremony - Invitations will be sent for recipients in a few weeks / Cafeteria / 9:00
- 5/27 - 7th grade awards ceremony - Invitations will be sent for recipients in a few weeks/ Cafeteria / 2:00
- 5/27 - Band Party for 7th & 8th grades / Ed Willkie / 6:00 - 10:00 pm
- 5/30- Memorial Day / School Holiday / No School
- 5/31 - Ice Cream Band Social / Cafeteria / 6:00 - 7:00
- 5/31 - Soccer Game vs. CV / BHS / 5:30 & 6:40
- 6/2 - 8th grade Dance / Cafeteria / 6:00 - 8:00 pm
Way to go Boys Soccer!
A Team won 1st place and B Team won Consolation at this tournament!
The Beginner Band attended the Saginaw Band Invitational on Saturday, April 30th. They earned an "Outstanding Performance" and a first division rating from the judges.
A message from our Librarian:
The end of the school year is rapidly approaching and it's time to start tying up loose ends. Please communicate with your student(s) regarding any overdue books or fines that might need to be settled in the library. Overdue book/fine notices are being distributed to students on a regular basis, but your student's personal library account can also accessed at any time by logging into Destiny Quest under the Library tab of the EWMS website. Students' ID number serves as their username and password. Please contact Mrs. Peters with any questions or concerns: email@example.com or 817-237-9631, ext. 5530.
- May 13th - Last day to check out library books, district-wide.
- May 17th - All books due to library/Lone Star Field Trip to ITz Pizza.
- May 23-27th - Spring Book Fair
The mission of Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District is
to foster a culture of excellence that instills a passion for a lifetime of