Wednesday September 13, 2023
Shelli LeBlanc, Principal
Chelsea Rothe, Assistant Principal
Chiante Deal, Counselor 6th Grade
Krystal McCure, Counselor 5th Grade
Location: Collins Intermediate, 6020 Shadowbend Place, The Woodlands, TX, USA
From the Principal:
Today begins the Collins PTO "Friends of Collins" Fundraising Campaign. This is the only fundraiser for our PTO and it takes the place of selling candy bars and gift wrap. Funds raised goes directly back to your students in the way of fantastic field trips, end of school field days and other areas around the school that impact the children.
Many more important updates found in the newsletter... thank you so much for taking time to learn about current key information.
Wishing you all the best,
Monday, September 11
- PTO Meeting 1:30 PM
Wednesday, September 13
- Start to PTO Friends of Collins Fundraiser
- College Park Homecoming Parade 6 - 7 pm - Market Street
Saturday, September 16
- District Art Show 9 am - 3 pm - Sadler Admin Building
Wednesday, September 20
- Read for a Better Life
September 15 - October 15
- Hispanic Heritage Month
Friends of Collins PTO Fundraiser
The Friends of Collins PTO fundraiser kicks off on Wednesday, September 13 and will run through September 30. Our goal is to make this a major fundraiser to support the school. A parent flyer will go home weekly during the event with more information. Starting September 13, Collins families and friends are being asked to go online and make donations (no login needed). Both the link and QR Code will work starting September 13 when the site goes live.
You can also scan the QR code to donate directly on toolkit.
Donations can be any amount to contribute to the homeroom class goals, but individual prizes will be awarded based on the levels below:
Levels of Giving and Individual Prizes
- Level 1: $50 - Collins Cooling Towel & Entry into Free Yearbook Drawing
- Level 2: $100 - Collins Yard Sign OR Collins Clear Belt Bag + Level 1 prize
- Level 3: $150 - Collins Canvas Tote Bag + Level 1 and 2 prizes
- Level 4: $200+ - Entry into Drawing for Collins Fall Frenzy Fanatic Fun Pass! Includes: 1 Fall Frenzy Wristband, 20 Raffle Tickets, 5 Fast Passes, Collins Swag + Level 1, 2 and 3 prizes. 1 winner from each grade level!
To encourage participation, Homeroom Class Prizes will also be awarded:
Homeroom Class Prizes
- Level 1: $700 - Inside Recess
- First Homeroom Class in Each Grade to reach $1000 - Variety of Collins Swag Grab!
- Level 2: $1000 - Donut Party
- Level 3: $1500 - Student Snack Cart Visit
- Top Fundraising Homeroom Class in Each Grade will have a SUPER Snack Cart Party!
PTO fundraising benefits your students & Collins by providing funding for Class Field Trips, Music & PE Equipment, Technology (Chromebooks and iPads), Field Day, and more.
Please let us know if you have any questions! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Conroe ISD Parent Resource Center has some
great training opportunities coming up for parents.
Collins Intermediate PTO Volunteers
We are looking forward to future opportunities that may arise for you to be involved at Collins this school year. Please fill out your contact information and indicate your interests below. We will contact you when the need arises.
Prior to volunteering on campus you will need to complete the CISD volunteer application online at https://apps.conroeisd.net/volunteer/
Thank you for your time,
Collins PTO Volunteer Coordinator
The 2023-2024 Collins Yearbooks are on sale now for $45. Place your order by September 29th and get four free icons when you personalize your cover. Don't miss out and order your yearbook today!
Many parents ask what they can do at home to help their children navigate through middle school. Here are some tried and true tips from our wonderful Collins teachers:
- Check grades weekly. You can sign up in Parent Access Center for notifications when teachers input grades. Also, have your child start building the habit of checking Student Access Center weekly. Students who check regularly are more likely to remember what the assignment was if they have a missing assignment. Most teachers use a "Z" to indicate a missing assignment, and an "X" for an assignment that does not count against their grade.
- Read the newsletter. Read this Collins newsletter and any information teachers send home via email, Class Dojo, etc.
- Keep a family calendar. Put any dates sent home on your family's calendar. This may be an online calendar on your phone or device, or it may be a whiteboard or printed calendar hung up in a prominent place at home.
- Check folders together regularly. Go through your child's folders and papers with them a few times a month. Teach them how to organize their papers by making stacks of: keep in folder, need to turn in, file at home. We recommend not throwing away any papers until the end of the nine weeks or semester.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your child's teachers! We value the parent - teacher partnership, and we love working together to help our students be successful!
Throughout the year, students can also find more information about clubs on the "In My Club Era" bulletin boards located in each main hallway by the cafeteria doors.
Nurse Kendall's Update
Please remember to not send medications to school with your child. School policy is a parent must bring the medication to the clinic and fill out a permission form. This includes cough drops and inhalers.
We have had several cases of Covid and strep throat. If your child is not feeling well and has a fever (100 degrees or above), please keep him/her home until fever free for 24 hours without the use of Tylenol or Advil to reduce the fever. If your child has vomiting or diarrhea, please keep him/her home until it is resolved for 24 hours without the use of medications.
We have started the state-mandated vision and hearing screenings for all of 5th grade. If your child does not pass, you will receive a letter from the clinic. Thanks!
We are having a wonderful start to the year in band! Students are doing a great job of coming to class prepared to play. Here are a few reminders to help the year run smoothly:
Practice records are collected every Tuesday and must be signed by a parent to receive credit. Practicing is KEY to each student’s success, so please ensure that each student is meeting the 120 minute practice requirement.
We have had many students misplace their instrument on the bus, in their hallways, at bus stops, etc. Please ensure that your student’s name and phone number are clearly labeled on their instrument. Luggage tags work great for this!
6th Grade - all students have received their audition music for the CISD District Honor Band. The pre-audition for this music will be Oct. 11-12 during their band class time.
In Mr. Hunt’s art class, we are continuing to work on our rodeo art project. Students are learning how to draw realistically and are beginning to learn about coloring with oil pastel.
In Mrs. Williams art class, we are developing multiple techniques to demonstrate value and applying them to our scientific bug drawings.
We have wrapped up our Foursquare unit and had a great time challenging each other to games! This week we have begun our Volleyball unit. We will be working on correct form when using the forearm pass (bump), overhead pass (set), and serving. The next Cobra Cardio days will be 9/15 and 9/18. Please remember to wear sneakers on those days.
Feeder School Events
Times to Remember
Bell Schedule: 8:50 AM—4:00 PM
- Students may enter the building at 7:45 AM (Please enter 5th grade side door)
- A Lunch (5th grade) 12:10 PM - 12:45 PM
B Lunch (6th grade) 12:50 PM - 1:25 PM
Collins Café is open to visitors!
Front Office: 8:00 AM—4:30 PM
End of Day
- 3:30 PM - Calls to change transportation end
- 3:35 PM - Cones for car rider dismissal will be set - cars for early pick up will not fit in front parking area
- 3:40 PM - Early student check out ends
- 3:45 PM - First flight of 7 cars moves forward to cones, staff begins inputting numbers. Please display car rider sign in window.
- 4:00 PM - Flights 1 - 4 are dismissed along with bike riders
- 4:04 PM - Walkers are dismissed. Students meet parents at cones 1 - 7. Once a flight is loaded, cars are dismissed to take a RIGHT hand turn only to exit.
- Buses are dismissed based on bus arrival to campus.
Other Helpful Links
Are You Following Us?
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner. For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.