We can! We will! Succeed!
1. We are not able to process early dismissals after 2:45.
2. We are strictly adhering to our designated day schedule for lunch vistors. See schedule below.
3. A license is required to enter the building at all times and to verify early dismissals.
3/7 - Dyslexia Family Night @ Klein Forest High School 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.
3/9 - Spring Individual pictures
3/10 - Hoe Down
3/13-17 - Spring Break
3/24 - KC Character Day
3/30 - PTO Spirit Night @ Chick-Fil-a
4/6 - Field Day
4/7 - Staff/Student Holiday
4/10 - Staff Development/Student Holiday
4/17-21 - Book Fair
4/18 - Kindergarten Roundup - 5:00 - 6:30 p.m.
4/20 - 2nd Grade Performance - 6:30 p.m.
4/25 - STAAR - Grade 5 - Reading
4/26 - STAAR - Grade 3 & 4 - Reading
4/28 - KC Character Day
Dyslexia Family Night
WHEN? Tuesday, March 7, 2023 from 6:00PM to 8:00 PM
WHERE? NEW LOCATION - Klein Forest High School
WHO? Parents of/and students who have been identified with dyslexia or dysgraphia
Light Refreshments Served
STAAR DATES-- Reminder-- closed campus for visitors April 24 - May 5
Klein ISD SMART tag real-time Bus Stop Alerts
Klein ISD’s new transportation parent portal provides real-time bus stop alerts so parents and guardians know exactly when to head to the designated location.
Parents can now log in and view their child’s bus route, see estimated arrival times, and receive alerts for any delays or changes to the schedule.
The SMART tag transportation parent portal is easy to use and available 24/7. Parents can check on their child’s bus from anywhere, at any time, allowing them to plan their day around their child’s transportation needs.
We encourage all families to take advantage of this new resource and log in to the SMART tag transportation parent portal today. We are confident that this new tool will help ensure that our students get to and from school safely, and we look forward to hearing your feedback.For more information on the SMART Tag system and to create an account on the new parent portal, go to kleinisd.net/SMART
Don’t forget to complete your annual registration & background check.
You must have this done before being on campus :-)
Upcoming PTO Events:
3/30 - Spirit Night @ Chick-Fil-a
We love our Kohrville Coyotes and we want them to be at school every day!
According to the United States Department of Education chronic absenteeism can cause students to suffer in a variety of ways.
- Chronic absenteeism may prevent children from reaching early learning milestones. Children who are chronically absent in preschool, kindergarten, and first grade are much less likely to read at grad level by the third grade. Students who cannot read at grade level by the end of third grade are four times more likely than proficient readers to drop out of high school.
- Irregular attendance can be a better predictor of whether students will drop out before graduation than test scores. A study of public school students in Utah found that an incidence of chronic absenteeism in even a single year between 8th and 12th grade was associated with an increase in the likelihood of dropping out.
- Frequent absences from school can shape adulthood. High school dropout, which chronically absent students are more likley to experience, has been linked to poor outcomes later in life, from poverty and diminished health to involvement in the criminal justice system.
Family Curriculum Newsletter
Select the grade level below for an overview of what your child will be learning in each quarter and how you can best support their academic growth.
Q3 Family Curriculum Guides
Kindergarten & Kindergarten Spanish
First Grade & First Grade Spanish
Second Grade & Second Grade Spanish
Third Grade & Third Grade Spanish
Fourth Grade & Fourth Grade Spanish
Klein ISD has a new Meal Account system.
Be sure to visit the Klein ISD Nutrition & Food Services page to add funds to meal account, apply for free or reduced lunch and to check out 22-23 meal prices.
Free and Reduced Flier: Please see the linked flier for SchoolCafe, the new parent portal that families will use to manage student accounts, as well as apply for free & reduced lunch.
Bell Schedule-- Every minute of learning counts every day!
7:40 Students eating breakfast will be allowed to enter the building7:50 Students may enter the building
8:10 Tardy Bell
2:45 Early dismissal cut-off time
3:25 Walkers, Bikers, Bus, and Daycare are dismissed
3:30 Car Riders and Campus Kids are dismissed
FamilyNet- Klein ISD Information in a One-Stop-Shop!
- bus routes (find the location of your child's bus stop)
- Skyward login
- Schoology Login
- lunch menus
- cafeteria payments
- district calendars
- and much, much more.
VISITORS ON CAMPUS
Visitor Check In
Ring the front doorbell and present ID to be admitted. Proceed to the front office and pesent a valid driver's license and sign in. Name tags will be provided and should be worn at all times and turned back in when leaving.
Lunch guests are welcome on our campus. Each grade level has a designated day for you to share lunch with your child. Guests must sit at the visitors table with their child.
Mondays - PK & Kindergarten
Tuesdays - 1st grade
Wednesdays - 2nd grade
Thursdays - 3rd grade
Fridays - 4th & 5th grade
Campus will be closed to lunch guests during:
- The first week of school
- STAAR testing days
- The last week of school
EARLY DISMISSALS BY 2:45
In order to ensure student safety for every student, please be aware of the following safety protocol that will be strictly enforced.
Please send a note with your child if they are having a planned early dismissal.
Your child will bring this note to the front office.
When you arrive, please ring the doorbell, show your driver’s license, and tell us the student’s name that you are picking up.
We will then admit you to the front office where we will need to see your license to verify that you are on the student’s pickup list.
Once verified we will have you sign them out, and we will call the student to the front office.
We are not able to process early dismissals after 2:45.
PARENTAL RESPONSIBLITIES/RIGHTS - CUSTODY ISSUES
The school district does not have the obligation to contact the managing conservator when the possessory conservator requests permission to review the child’s records and/or consult with the teacher.
Any conflict between two parents should be handled outside the school.
The school district should be advised of any limitations of contact that may be established in the divorce decree; i.e., a visit with the child exclusive of a review of the records, etc.
Please assist us in the handling of custody related issues. It is the responsibility of the parents to provide the campus registrar a certified copy of the court order affecting any other person’s right to their children.
Should you have any questions please call Ms. Kia Bowie at 832-484-7200.
MEDICATIONS AT SCHOOL
All medication whether prescription or over the counter must be delivered to the clinic by a parent or guardian. Please contact the nurse’s office to schedule an appointment to drop off medicine. Prescription medications must be in the original container with prescription label. Most pharmacies will provide you with an extra bottle when you fill prescriptions if you ask them. Over the counter medications must have a dosage for the child by age or weight and can only be given for 2 weeks without a doctor’s note. Unused medication cannot be sent with the student. If the parent or guardian cannot pick up medication you may make arrangements with the nurse for another adult to pick up medication. No vitamins, health food, or herbal preparations may be given.
- In the event a student is absent from school for any reason, it is required that their parents log in to their child’s Skyward account to report the absence.
- Or on their return to school they can bring a written excuse signed by the parent/guardian or a medical note.
- In order for the absence to be considered an excused absence, the note must be presented within five school days after the absence.
- We will be strictly adhering to all Texas state compulsory attendance laws.
ATTENDANCE COUNTS EVERY DAY EVERYONE
CONNECT WITH KOHRVILLE
Keep up to date with all things Kohrville @KohrvilleKISD.
Stay up to date with what is happening around the district at Klein ISD Twitter @KleinISD