Engineering & Tech; Energy & Power
12 Week Schedule Students Start NOW!
Grades are Updated!
If you have any missing assignments, please make sure to work on completing them in a timely manner. The projects and tests affect your grade the most, so please work on these items before the assignments and discussion grades. Please take some time to submit those things before Friday, September 20th for partial credit according to the GAVS late work policy (as pictured below). The sooner those things get done, the less deduction of points. :)
We Meet Online Every Tuesday!
Important Parent Information
The Parent Account gives you information about your child’s grades and progress in their course. If your child’s grade drops below a 75, you will receive an automated phone call. If your child’s grade drops below a 70, you will receive a phone call from me.
If you already have a parent account please do NOT create a new one.
1) Please check to see that your parent account is linked to your student’s account.
2) For more information click Help on the Log in page or click the following link. http://helpdesk.gavirtuallearning.org/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/14/gavs-parent-info
If you are uncertain about whether you have a parent account or not,
1) Log in to GAVS at www.gavirtualschool.org and at the Log In page type in your username and password.
2) For more information click Help at the top of the Log In page or click the following link. http://helpdesk.gavirtuallearning.org/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/14/gavs-parent-info
*Information for parents who have NEVER created a parent account.
1) Login to our website www.gavirtualschool.org
2) Click the “Log In To GAVS” icon
3) Click “Create An Account” from the navigation bar.
4) You will need to know your child’s GTID and date of birth.
5) Please follow the directions on the screen.
6) Be sure you have linked your parent account to your student’s account.
7) For more information simply click HELP at the top of the Log In page or click the following link. http://helpdesk.gavirtuallearning.org/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/List/Index/14/gavs-parent-info
Parent Auditor Accounts
D2L Help Sessions
Georgia Virtual School will have D2L Help Sessions for students and parents on Adobe Connect on the following dates:
- Thursday, September 19 at 7PM
You will join by entering the meeting as a Guest. Your username is your first and last name. Here is the link to join each D2L Session:
The space for each session is limited. We ask everyone to join the session using only ONE computer at your home. If the session is full, the recording will be posted within the learning management system and you will have an opportunity to review the recording OR attend another upcoming meeting. The schoolwide D2L meetings are separate from individual Welcome sessions held by each teacher. Please plan to attend the meeting with your teacher as well. Your teacher will notify you about the date of that meeting.
Adobe Connect Sessions
- Tuesday, September 17th at 5:00 pm.
Additionally, I will conduct synchronous office hours for students once per week on Tuesday from 4:00 pm until 5:00 pm.
*Remember, you can also request additional help sessions as well!