4th Grade News
April 25-29, 2016
We finished FAST testing this week. We will be taking our end of year math test in a few weeks. Students should have brought home a letter about our field trip to the Hoover Museum. Please make sure to send back the bottom portion with your child's lunch selection.
In math this week we reviewed the standards we need to know for the end of year core test. We will be taking that test in a couple of weeks. I am looking forward to seeing how much everyone improved!
Reading and Writing
We watched a video and read an article about a python that is invading Florida this week in writing. We will write an opinion paragraph about why or why not they should be saved. In reading we started a new novel, Because of Winn-Dixie. We have reviewed what a realistic fiction is as well as theme and the elements of a story; characters, setting, and problem.
We had fun in science this week! The students created circuits that used electricity from a D-cell battery to light a small light bulb and run a motor. We talked about open and closed circuits and practiced using a switch to turn them on and off.
- Please read and sign your child's agenda daily.
- Read and Feed (20 minutes of reading a night) are due on Friday.
- Spelling homework is due every Friday.
- Students are bringing home information about selling Dragon Cards today. Please ask friends and family to help our school with this fundraiser!
Dates to Remember
- Monday, May 9th- Grant night at the Kernels
- Tuesday, May 10th- Last day to turn in Dragon Card money
- Friday, May 13th- No School
- Thursday, May 19th- Spring Fling
- Monday, May 30th-No School- Memorial Day