Ms. Andrea Cimino, Supervisor
A Message from Dr. Zito
Being the Principal of a neighborhood school has to be one of the most rewarding jobs to have. It is truly amazing to see the wonderful young adults that your children have become. I cannot begin to tell you the sadness and excitement that I feel seeing this graduating 4th grade. I have had the privilege of watching most of the children begin in Kindergarten and experienced their journey to fourth grade. I am so proud of the people that they are becoming.
Dream Machine Recycle Rally
- We have recycled over 277,590 PET and aluminum containers!
- Every bottle and can recycled in the program supports PepsiCo’s initiative with The Nature Conservancy and The Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans with Disabilities.
- More than 1,400 schools have participated in Recycle Rally in 41 states across the country since its start. Together you have helped to keep more than 51 million containers from our landfills!
On June 11 we will be celebrating this accomplishment with a fun filled day for our Potter family. Please see the attached flyer, and thank you again for making this possible!
Awards Day 2015
This year the 3rd and 4th Grade Awards Day Ceremony will be on June 16th at 9:30 AM.
The students will be recognized for their participation in various groups such as Safety
Patrol, all year honor roll, Kindness Club, Chorus, Student Council, Battle of the Books and the prestigious President's Academic Award. Parents are welcome to attend the ceremony and take pride in all of their children's accomplishments.
Thank You PTA!
We would like to express a great big thank you to the staff, students, and community of the H & M Potter School. With your help, this year has been fun, exciting and successful. The Potter School has a wonderful staff and is filled with super students who come from great families.
I would like to thank this year’s PTA Executive Board for all of their hard work and dedication on behalf of the Potter students and congratulate the new officers for the 2015-16 school year.
Berkeley Library Summer Program
During the summer months the Berkeley Branch of the Ocean County Library sponsors a summer reading program. This year the program is entitled Every Hero has a Story. We encourage all the Potter School Families to take advantage of this wonderful program.
For more information contact the Berkeley Library at 732-269-2144 or visit the Ocean County Library's website.
For the 2015-2016 school year, all arrangements for child care or day care stops must be made before July 17, 2015. This also includes the before and after school Y-Kids Programs. Parents may have two stops, one in the morning and one for after school, however, the district policy is for Monday through Friday stops only. No exceptions will be made. Please
feel free to make arrangements by calling the transportation department at 732-269-1302 during normal business hours.
4th Grade Parents
Beyond Band Aids with Mrs. Olsen
Please make sure to send in an extra set of clothing for your child in their backpack. This is the time of the year when the students are going outside more often, and sometimes clothes get dirty and need to be changed. Having an extra set of clothing at school would save parents and teachers time during the school day!
REMEMBER to THINK Healthy EAT Healthy and MOVE Healthy! Healthy students learn better!
- June 1: 4th Grade Battle of the Books, 1:45 PM APR
- June 1: 4th Grade Parent Orientation, 6:00 PM @ BTES
- June 2: District Battle of the Books, 9:30 AM @BTES
- June 2: Jump Rope for the Heart Grades 3 and 4
- June 2: PTA Meeting, 7:00 PM APR
- June 3: Field Day, Kindergarten, (Please see flyer for time)
- June 4: Field Day, Grades 1 and 2, (Please see flyer for time)
- June 5: Spirit Day, Show your Potter Pride!
- June 5: Field Day, Grades 3 and 4, (Please see flyer for time)
- June 9: Kindergarten End of Year Show, 9:30 AM APR
- June 9: Dr. Zito's Comic Book Club at Oh What a Bagel, Grades 2, 3, 4 (See flyer for times)
- June 10: Preschool Moving Up Ceremony, AM Class: 10:00, PM Class 1:45
- June 10: Ms. Cimino's Book Club, 6:30 PM @ Berkeley Library
- June 11: Potter School's Recycle Rally Ceremony, 9:30 AM on Blacktop, Parents Welcome
- June 11: School Picnic
- June 11: Outdoor Movie Night, 6:30 PM Potter Playground
- June 11: Kindergarten Registration, 3:00-5:00 PM @ BTES
- June 12: Survivor Day, Grade 4
- June 15: Spirit Day, Wear Red, White and Blue for Flag Day!
- June 16: Awards Day, 9:30 AM APR
- June 16: Board of Education Meeting, 5:30 PM @ BTES
- June 17: Four Hour Session
- June 18: Four Hour Session
- June 19: Spirit Day, Wear Hawaiian Gear to Celebrate the Last Day of School!
- June 19: Four Hour Session, Last Day of School, Report Cards Posted to Parent Portal
Al Leiter Visit
On May 26 former Major League Baseball player and Potter student Al Leiter paid a visit to our students. He discussed following your dreams, and doing your best. The students really enjoyed Mr. Leiter's special visit. Thank you to Mr. Keats for arranging this event!
NJ Hall of Fame Mobile Museum
Al Leiter is a board member for the NJ Hall of Fame, and when he visited on May 26 he brought the Mobile Museum for our students to enjoy. All 1st through 4th grade students had the opportunity to visit the museum and to learn about important New Jersey residents.
On Wednesday May 27 third grade students visited Island Beach State Park to release the terrapins that third and fourth grades have been raising since November!