Kay Franklin Library
October 2017 News for Families
Book Fair Thank You!
Thank you to all of our Colt families for supporting our Book Fair and making it a huge success! Thank you to our volunteers who donated many hours of their time to make the Book Fair run smoothly. All funds raised go back to our students in the form of spirit sticks, prizes, library events, new books and makerspace items and books for our summer reading kickoff. Our next Book Fair will be in April. Thank you for all of your support!
Find Books on Your Child's Reading Level
Many families have asked how to find books in the library on their child's guided reading level. Our library catalog is the perfect tool to help! To get started, click on the library catalog link here.
- Under elementary schools choose Franklin.
- Choose the catalog tab at the top of the screen.
- In the box under reading programs, select Fountas and Pinnell.
- Next to the Fountas and Pinnell box, choose the letter(s) you wish to to search.
- Click the box that says title and you will see all of the titles in our library that are listed with that guided reading level.
Our schoolwide reading program is called COLTS READ. The purpose of the program is to encourage students to read for pleasure outside of school hours. Students fill out a COLTS READ log with book titles, dates and parent initials and return it to the library when complete. Upon turn in the student will select a spirit stick and receive a new log. Turn in 4 COLTS READ logs to the library by December 1st to attend our creepy crawly bug event! A special thank you to our Kay Franklin PTA for helping us purchase many of our fabulous spirit sticks!
Watch to see our 2017-2018 library events!
Library Stats September 2017
Circulation Count: 3,799 items
Classes Served: 109