WANTED-dead or alive
Asian Tiger Mosquito/Aedes Albopictus
- Bold Black shiny scales, and distinct white scales.
- Medium sized mosquito
-Approximately 2.0 to 10.0 mm.
- Males are usually 20% smaller than females
_ Legs are black and white with scales.
- Tropical and subtropical areas.
- Southeast Asia
Method of Transportation
- These bothersome mosquitos came to the United States by hitching a ride in used tires imported from Japan or Tawian.
- Asian Tiger Mosquitoes are found in the Northeast, Southeast, and in some part of the Southwest.
- These pests cause the most bites in the state of Viginia.
- And they also carry potentially fatal diseases.
- In order to get get rid and possibly capture one of these pests we must have plans of action.
- Reduce standing water
- Use bug lights
- Apply effective mosquito repellants