Student Support Services Department
Roadmap - Week of 11/05/18-11/09/18
IDVA Mission - Building a community of engaged learners.
IDVA Vision - Empowering every student to learn at high level.
SSS Department Group Agreements
- We will be intentional in our collaborative work with school community members to address students' academic needs.
- We will proactively identify and support students' individual needs and accomplishments.
Alex, Bev, Lisa, Brutus Buckeye, Jenny, Amber, Kelly
If you have other pictures of the SSS Dept. from the start of the school year, and/or during events, send them to Alex for roadmap inclusion.
SSS Department Kudos!
If you have kudos to share about you or a colleague, send them to Alex.
In a reply to an email Mark sent about a student's schedule, a learning coach sent the following quote: "Thank you so much. You have been an amazing help to us."
Great job, Mark!
Jessica got this email from a parent earlier in the week: "Thank you, again. I really dont know what we would do for education right now if IDVA wasn't here."
Super job, Jessica!
Jenny received this email referring to Tree: "...Happy to be here! Plus huge kiddos to the teacher [Tree] that was helping us yesterday she was amazing!"
Fantastic support, Tree!
Loretta shared the following praise for Deslynn: "I just wanted to share that in a 504 Manifest Determination meeting today, the parent shared that she has really appreciated Deslynn’s help. She has appreciated her helping them better understand the expectations of attendance, setting up the BOT plan, and encouraging them to reach out to teachers more to utilize the accommodations on the student’s 504 Plan."
This is awesome, Des!
SSS Department Trivia
Week 9 Trivia Results!
WHO AM I?
"In high school I won state at a floral arrangement competition."
It is Pam Montomgery!
Lisa, you got it right! You're moving up in the scoreboard!
Tree = 4
Lisa = 3
Debbie = 3
Kelly = 2
Bev = 2
Jennifer E = 2
Jessica = 2
Pam = 1
Deslynn = 1
Colleen = 1Mark = 1
WHO AM I? "I have rescued three cats and a dog from the Humane Society within the last 12 months."
If you have other ideas, feel free to add them, too! Share something about you that your colleagues may not know and you would feel comfortable with them knowing. We will include this as a question in a future roadmap.
Weekly Calendar, 11/02-11/09
- Daylight Savings ends - move the clock back 1 hour
- Vision Qtr 2 and MS Cohort 4 start date
- Election Day - in Idaho polls are open 8 am - 8 pm local time. Find polling place, and other info, at: https://idahovotes.gov/
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNIFER BLAIS!
- Last day of K5 New Student Orientation (orientation start date of 11/2)
IDVA Board Meeting 7:00 pm MT (http://tinyurl.com/IDVABoard)
Departmental & School Updates
SSS Dept. PD in December - Action Required
The Student Support Services Team will tentatively have a F2F PD in Meridian in December to prepare for Semester 2.
Please choose ALL date options that work for you.
K12 is excited to introduce Tallo, a free networking site that’s changing the way students connect with colleges, scholarships, and career opportunities across the country. All K12 students over the age of 13 will be able to access Tallo beginning Monday, November 5, 2018.
Tallo lets students showcase their skills and get discovered, and it’s quick and easy to do:
- K12 students, age 13 and up, will be able to login to Tallo using an email and password of their choice to create a profile, highlighting their skills, talents, and experiences
- Within the secure environment of Tallo, students will be able to connect with top companies and colleges from across the country looking for new talent
- Students will be able to discover opportunities for internships, mentorships, scholarships, and more
- Tallo will be accessed either via a Quick link in the OLS or directly via Tallo.com
If you would like to learn more about Tallo, please consider attending any of the following optional sessions:
Each session can be accessed with the following BBC link.
- 11/1/18 from 3:00-3:30pm EST Informational Session
- 11/7/18 from 1:00-2:00pm EST Office Hours
- 11/9/18 from 4:00-5:00pm EST Office Hours
Extra! Get a sneak peek at some fun Tallo videos that will be shared with students starting Monday!
Excel Trick or Treat presentation link
If you didn't attend or want to refer to information presented during the K12 Data Science Team Excel Trick or Treat presentations, here is the link with the recordings, files, and decks:
Past SSS Dept. Roadmaps
Week of 10/29-11/2: https://www.smore.com/ey46r
Week of 10/22-10/26: https://www.smore.com/4jy7m
Week of 10/15-10/19: https://www.smore.com/hn84z
Week of 10/8-10/12: https://www.smore.com/measg
Week of 10/1-10/5: https://www.smore.com/w649k
Week of 9/24-9/28: https://www.smore.com/tukpj
Week of 9/17-9/2: https://www.smore.com/tcejb
Week of 9/10-9/14: https://www.smore.com/a9jsg
Week of 9/3-9/7: https://www.smore.com/73nbg
To update address, phone numbers, etc. for students, please use this link. **All LG/LC changes go directly to Andrea Hampton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Remember, our goal is exhaustive communication.