CVUSD's Communication Snapshot
Week of August 21, 2023
Communication Snapshot: Week of September 11, 2023
In this week's snapshot of information, events, news and updates - you'll find information on the following topics:
- CVUSD Proudly Celebrates National Hispanic Heritage Month: September 15th - October 15th
- September is Attendance Awareness Month: Take Action!
- Community Partner Spotlight: DCH Subaru of Thousand Oaks "Adopts" Six Classrooms at Acacia Magnet School for Enriched Learning
- Measure I Project Spotlight: Westlake Elementary Play Spaces
- Learn More: "Walk to School" Thousand Oaks
- "Youth Ride Free" in Ventura County (Anyone 18 and under can ride any bus for free - anywhere, anytime)
CVUSD Proudly Celebrates National Hispanic Heritage Month: Sept. 15th- Oct. 15th
September is Attendance Awareness Month: Take Action!
- Make getting to school on time everyday a high priority in your family.
- Help your student maintain daily routines, such as finishing homework and getting a good night’s sleep.
- Talk with your student about the importance of school attendance and the negative effects of too many absences.
- Create a safe space for your student to share what’s keeping them from participating in school on a regular basis.
- Have a back-up plan for getting your student to school when there are difficulties with transportation, family illness, or other challenges.
- Schedule doctor and other appointments for after-school hours whenever possible.
- Monitor students’ school attendance to make sure your student is in class every day.
- Contact your student’s school to discuss supports and services that can help your student maintain regular school attendance.
Community Partner Spotlight: Six Classrooms "Adopted" at Acacia Magnet School
A big thank you to community partner DCH Subaru of Thousand Oaks for "adopting" six classrooms at Acacia Magnet School for Enriched Learning as part of their "Subaru Loves Learning" month. Thanks to their generosity: Ms. Reed (4th grade), Ms. Holland (Learning Center), Ms. Barker (2nd grade), Ms. Nystrom (5th grade), Ms. Penaflor (1st grade) and Ms. Dorado (Special Education) were recognized last week, each receiving $500 to purchase items to enhance learning in their classrooms.
Measure I Project Spotlight: Westlake Elementary Play Spaces
Click here to learn more about Measure I.
The Youth Ride Free Promotional Program from the Ventura County Transportation Commission allows youth 18 and under and those over 18 enrolled in high school to ride any public transit bus in Ventura County for free, anytime, anywhere. High school aged youth should be prepared to show ID to board for free. The pilot program will run through June 2024.
To view previous editions of the weekly Communication Snapshot newsletter, please visit: www.conejousd.org/commsnapshots.