May 19, 2023
A Week Late - But Worth Watching. Happy Belated Mother's Day to all our JHCS Moms!
FREE MEALS this summer
Alpine School District provides breakfast and lunch for families. Meals are for all children, no matter what school you attend or your financial status.
"FREE meals will be made available to ALL children under the age of 18 years old".
Look at the list to find the closest school to your home, and you can participate in breakfast and lunch each day.
Upcoming Field Trips
- Friday, May, 19 - 1st-grade field trip to Strawberry Park, PG
- Tuesday, May 23 - 5th Grade BizTown Field Trip
8th Grade Graduation
- May 24th
- 5:30 pm
- All 8th graders and their parents are invited to attend
- Pizza Pie Cafe, Orem UT - 573 West 1600 North Orem Utah
- Monday, May 22
- Starting at approximately 1:30 pm - Students will walk to the park from JHCS
- Discovery/Manilla Park, 1511 N 100 E., Pleasant Grove
- ALL students need to be picked up from the park - We will not be returning to the school.
- Watch for a text/email next week with details.
- Students will be allowed to wear street clothes on Bubble Day - they will get wet.
- Students should bring a towel
- All cell phones are to remain in the child's backpack during the day
- All smart watches are to remain in the child's backpack during the day
- Please call the school if you need to reach your child during the day - DO NOT call/text your child's watch or cell phone during the school day.
Changes to the Uniform Policy for the Fall of 23
You can download a detailed uniform policy from the school’s website.
Beginning in the fall of 2023 - No more Monday or Field Trip Dress Uniform. Shirts no longer must be tucked in, but they must fit appropriately.
Tops- Polo shirts, white button-down shirts, or turtlenecks are permitted. A girl-cut polo is permitted. Heather Gray has been added as an option for the fall of 23 in addition to navy, white and red polo shirts.
School t-shirts are allowed on Fridays (can be purchased from the PTO at the beginning of the school year).
Bottoms- Navy blue or uniform khaki shorts or pants, or jogger pants. (no cargo pockets). Girls can wear skirts and jumpers in navy blue, khaki, or the Marymount plaid or polo dresses in red or navy blue.
Ties should be navy blue or red. Girls may wear crossover ties. Shoes should be conservative in style (no lights, wheelies, or characters) and closed-toed. Athletic shoes are required for PE.
Socks should be uniform or neutral colors, ankle or knee-length. Girls may wear opaque tights or ankle-length leggings in navy blue or white with skirts or jumpers. Socks, tights, or leggings must be worn.
Nylons are not uniform wear.
Hair accessories should also be uniform colors or neutral.
A solid navy blue cardigan sweater, a solid navy blue fleece, or a school-purchased sweatshirt may be worn inside the building for warmth.
Outerwear - any type of jacket/coat is allowed outside to keep warm.
Logos are optional - you can purchase them for an extra fee at French Toast.