September 9, 2021
read a thon
Congratulations SJCS! We raised $45,618 for our recent Read A Thon! That's incredible! We surpassed our goal of $42,000 and are so grateful for your participation and support. We will celebrate our successful fundraiser on Monday, September 20th. Many of our teachers will be dressing as characters from books made into movies. You won't want to miss it. Here are the results:
The individual students winners are:
1st place: Skyler B will receive a $100 Amazon Gift Card.
2nd Place: Santiago A will receive a $75 Amazon Gift Card
3rd Place: Miko T will receive a $50 Amazon Gift Card
Our Top 3 money earning classes will enjoy a movie and popcorn party at a later date:
1st Place Class- 2A - $4825
2nd Place Class- 7B- $4815
3rd Place Class PK3A - $4145
While we didn't reach our goal of 65% of student participation, we are going to recognize the three classes that had the highest percentage of participation. These classes will be treated to a movie and popcorn party:
1st Place with 83% of students participating: KB
2nd Place with 78% of students participating: PK3
Tied for 3rd place with 73% of students participating: 5A and 3A
All students who raised $50 will receive a dress down pass. Dress down passes will be passed out on prize day to be used at a day chosen by the student.
Students will also receive a raffle ticket for every $100 that they raised for our special five prizes. The prize drawing will be held on Monday, September 20th.
pto general meeting
Tammi Haas is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
Topic: PTO Meeting
Time: Sep 14, 2021 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
- Please have your car tag displayed on your rearview mirror the entire time that you are in the parking lot. Car tags are used by school staff at several points in the dismissal process.
- If your child does not get in your car before it is time to move, and you are asked to pull over, please consider PARALLEL PARKING rather than pulling into a regular parking spot. Pulling aside along the playground fence prevents cars from having to back into the flow of traffic.
As always, if you have any questions about COVID, please don't hesitate to reach out to Mrs. Haas.
- Families are asked to email the school at email@example.com when a child is absent.
- Families can call the school office at 293-3311 and leave a message on the special voicemail dedicated to absences. Follow the prompts after calling the school office.
If we don't hear from you by 9am, you can expect to receive a phone call from the school office. *Please note that if the office is aware that your child has been quarantined due to COVID, you do not need to contact the office.
First Communion Information
Registration is open for those children seeking 1st Communion this year at St. Joseph Church.
- Church registration and a baptism certificate are required.
- If you are registered at another parish and wish your child to receive here you will need a letter of permission from your pastor.
- Registration deadline is Sept. 25th Fee is $25: no child will be turned away for lack of money. Speak to Becky Roach in the church office.
- First parent / child sacramental preparation meeting is Sept. 27th at 6:30 in the Parish Center.