VCR Presentation Lesson 6
n. a disaster or catastrophe on such a large scale that biological, environmental, or cultural elements are permanently altered or irreparably lost to the earth
- something that causes great destruction and violence
- social or political change
- kata- down
- adj. cataclysmal
- adj. cataclysmic
- 1599- French- cataclysme from Latin cataclysmos from Greek katakylsmos
- convulsion- violent social or political upheaval
- upheaval- sudden change in something
A) The cataclysmic tornado left Manny's school and city in crumbles.
B) Opa was instructed to enter the cellar because she needed protection against the cataclysm heading her way.
C) The revolution was a cataclysmic event because it got women the right to vote.
D) The cataclysmal flood forced the entire town to evacuate immediately in order to reach safety.