Jensen Counseling Newsletter
Week of April 15th
Hello Jensen Parents/Guardians,
- If you would like to contact us you can do so using the contact box on the side of the newsletter. It is directly linked to our school email.
- A read aloud by Julia Cook called: Bubble Gum Brain
- Class DoJo Growth Mindset for kids
- Tips for growing your mindset
- 10 Growth mindset questions to ask your kids at the dinner table
- 9 mental health activities to do with your child
- Top 40 Youtube channels for growth mindset, creativity, and kindness
- Resource list by the city of Mcallen
- Mindfulness for kids
- Hope warmline
- COVID-19 Mental Health support line
Mind Yeti Mindfulness for kids
How to use Mind Yeti:
1. Select a video with your child.
2. Have your child follow along to the directions given to complete the mindfulness activity.
HOPE Peer Support Warmline
We want to also remind students and families that are experiencing difficult times through our current situation that they can find emotional support through resources on our website, including Safeschool helpline, the National Suicide Prevention Hotline, as well as, the HOPE Peer Support Warmline.
The HOPE Family Health Center has created the HOPE Peer Support Warmline. It is an alternative for someone who is looking for emotional support. Here you can be listened to with compassion, empathy, hope and understanding. You can connect and feel validated with someone with similar life experiences. Their mission is to use lived experience to promote wellness and recovery in the RGV. It is available to anyone 16 and older. Parents may call for guidance. It is a free resource available in English and Spanish.
The Warmline is a toll free, non crisis line. The Warmline staff can also provide community resources and are open during the hours other resources may not be available.”
The Warmline contact number is 844-755-4673 (HOPE)
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 4:00 pm- 10:00 pm
Individuals answering the phone are Certified Peer Support Specialist. All phone calls are confidential.