JHS Cougar Newsletter
What's Going On In The World Of Jarrell High School
A Message From Joe Green
Hello Amazing JHS Families,
This is it!
The final week of school is upon us.
Our 9th - 11th grade students will take final exams this week. Please see the special exam bell schedule and release times below.
Those students who earned exam exemptions will report to the auditorium for those class periods for which they're exempt.
This is a special time in the lives of our seniors and their families. We're so proud of all the Class of 2022 has accomplished. Not only did they overcome two years of Covid, but they did so with positive attitudes and resilience. The following statistic for the Class of 2022 proves just how special this group has been:
They have collectively earned more than $1 million is scholarships.
Congrats to all our senior students and their families.
Senior families, please note the important dates and times below for your student:
Monday, May 23
- 8:30 a.m. - Meet in the competition gym for Senior Walk (Bring cap and gown)
- Return all school related items (Chromebooks, library books, etc.)
Tuesday, May 24
- 8:30 a.m. - Meet in back gym for Senior Career Fair
Wednesday, May 25
- 8:30 a.m. - Arrive for senior trip to Kalahari
Thursday, May 26
- 10:00 a.m. - Graduation practice (Required for all graduates). Meet in JHS Auditorium.
- 7:00 p.m. - Graduates arrive at JHS Auditorium for graduation check-in
- 8:00 p.m. - Graduation at Cougar Stadium
- 11:00 p.m. - Project Graduation, JHS Gyms
Thank you so much for your continued support of JHS!
Joe Green, Ph.D.
Principal, Jarrell High School
College Signing Day!
Heather Padilla has accepted an offer to attend Wharton County Junior College on a full theatre scholarship. Miguel Grado will be attending Southwestern University on a full scholarship. And Abbagayle Keeton was offered a full scholarship to play softball at Arkansas Baptist College. Congrats to all of these students!
Assistance League of Georgetown Scholarship Winners
JHS Art Students Showcase Work
The Caring Place Food Pantry
Did you know JISD partners with The Caring Place to offer shelf safe items to our families?
The partnership is free to JISD and the food is free to our families. See the flyer below for more information.
And as always, if you would like additional college and career information, visit our JHS College and Career Center.
The Week Ahead:
- May 23 - Final Exams
- May 23 - Senior Walk, Meet in JHS Gym, 8:30 a.m.
- May 24 - Final Exams
- May 24 - Senior Career Fair, Meet in JHS Gym, 8:30 a.m.
- May 25 - Final Exams
- May 26 - Graduation Practice, Meet in JHS Auditorium, 10:00 a.m.
- May 26 - Class of 2022 Graduation, Cougar Stadium, 8:00 p.m. (Seniors arrive at 7:00)
- May 26 - Project Graduation, JHS Gym, 11:00 p.m.