Rombout Monday Message
Monday, March 13th, 2023
We hope that you have a great week! Be safe tonight with the approaching storm. Spring is only 7 days away!
The 3rd Marking Period ends on Friday, April 7th. We encourage students and families to check PowerSchool/Parent Portal regularly to stay current with student progress. Also, the Faculty and Staff Extra Help Times are posted below if you would like to schedule some extra time for more support in class.
Use this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vS5rNPcWh-HThy_hmr1aOTtV8eL7iYQQ8R5dRZX6lIETwvHQYyFFQ_evmBvc428HQ/pub
3/15 - Dr. Landahl's Virtual Community Conversation 7pm via Zoom
3/17 - Krispy Kreme Orders Due
3/29 - Krispy Kreme Pick-Up
4/3 - 4/7 - No School for Students - Spring Recess
4/11 - PTO Meeting 7pm @ RMS Library
5/29 - No School/District Closed - Memorial Day
6/19 - No School/District Closed - Juneteenth
6/21 - 8th Grade Moving Up Ceremony @ BHS - Time TBA
6/21 and 6/22 - Half Day of School for Students
February Students of the Month
- Overcoming obstacles
- Demonstrates respect to the student body and faculty and/or honors and respects others' property.
- Exhibits behaviors of an upstander.
- Student is working to his or her potential and/or shows improvement in areas that are challenging.
- Shows a strong commitment to continuing their education.
- Demonstrates acceptance and tolerance of the differences in others.
- Goes above and beyond to show support of others. Demonstrating the ability to work independently.
- Exhibits good time management/organizational skills.
The Elks Lodge comes into school and recognizes the students with a Certificate and donated gift cards from local establishments!
Congratulations to the students below!
February Teacher Lesson of the Month
The Beacon Elks Lodge, in a new initiative, will now also recognize the teacher which students voted for who plans and implements the lesson of the month with donated gift cards from local businesses. Awesome!
Music in Our Schools Concerts - WOW!
It was also great to see our RMS students come together with the BHS Students in a combined piece at the end!
Lastly, kudos to the faculty and staff who helped lead the students to a great night of music and community!
Modified Spring Sports
See the graphic below for contact information for each sport that the BCSD offers for RMS students in grades 7 and 8 during the Spring Season.
RMS Club News
1. There will be a National Junior Honor Society meeting on Tuesday, March 14th after school in D135. Questions? See Mrs. Paredes.
2. See the flyer below for ordering your yearbook! See Ms. Holliday with any questions.
3. Kaleidoscope Club meets March 22nd. See Ms. Assumma or Ms. Varekamp with questions.
4. Girls on the Run Spring Season begins March 20th, Thursdays 3-5pm practice, sign up at the website. See Ms. Assumma or Nurse Amber with questions.
5. Pick-Up Basketball Intramurals will be hosted in the RMS Gymnasium on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7:30am sharp. See/contact Ms. Tobin with any questions.
6. 8th Grade Students - There will be an 8th Grade Meeting on Thursday 3/16. See the flyer below.
ELA Rise @ RMS
Math Rise @ RMS
Math RISE Program at RMS
What is the Math RISE Program?
The Math RISE Program is an opportunity for students to receive extra help preparing for the State Exam (5/2-5/4) or final exams in June.
Who is eligible?
RISE is open to all RMS students, grades 6-8 and will work with Mr. Siegel.
RISE will be held 2:45 pm-3:45 pm on Mondays (for 6th graders), Wednesdays (for 7th graders), and Thursdays (for 8th graders). The program will run through Thursday, May 4, 2023.
Students can report to room D140 on their designated day.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at email@example.com
RMS School Recipe Book
RMS PTO Corner
1) Krispy Kreme doughnut and coffee orders are due on Friday 3/17. Help us raise some "dough" so that we can continue to support field trips, assemblies, recess improvements, and more. Orders will be ready for pickup on Wednesday 3/29 in the Library at dismissal or from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. Order forms went home with your student already, additionals can be found in the main office, and below.
2) We are looking for volunteers to run a concession stand during the after school basketball tournament happening on 3/16. Please consider helping us, or donating supplies, by visiting our signup at https://signup.com/go/aULpRUJ.
3) Join us at our next PTO meeting on April 11th at 7pm in the RMS Library!