Tiger Shark City News
Rosenberg Elementary School
Para traducir el boletín, haga clic en Translate Newsletter en el cuadro negro arriba.
February 6-11, 2023
Valentine's Day Fundraiser
Parents can purchase a Pop-It, or students can buy some for their friends! Only $2 each!
Pop-its are being sold in the front office this week. Pop-its will be delivered to students on Valentine's Day!
PTO Fundraiser--happening now!
It's time! Our PTO's annual fundraiser has kicked off. Be sure to log your acts of kindness and help us reach our $15,000 goal!
Registration forms for our Raise Craze fundraiser went home, but if that yellow paper got lost along the way, you can register here: https://my.raisecraze.com/ARPYWSM/
Don’t have a student here but want to donate? Click here: https://my.raisecraze.com/give/arpywsm/
Acts of Kindness have already started! Check out the photos below!
Family Night at the Book Fair
We will have a late night at the Book Fair for parents and students on Thursday, February 16th from 4pm-6:15pm.
Parents will be able to go to the book fair, and check out two major art projects going on: our Black History Timeline Mural and the Rain Works art project!
Thanks to our Community in Schools Coordinator, Ms. Lewis, our boys were able to participate in a lunch and learn! They heard from Mr. Chambers, the SEL Specialist at Weis Middle School, about going into middle school and doing their best!
Community Youth Development
Thanks to Coach Sanders and Coach Vadnais, student in the Youth Sports League were able to visit Central Middle School! They took a tour of the campus, and got to play basketball during the Central Boys Basketball team at halftime!
100th Day of School
Students and staff celebrated our 100th day of school last week!
We are 100 days smarter!
As we move into the second half of the school year, I wanted to send out some Rosenberg Reminders:
- Our instructional day ends at 3:55pm. That is when Dismissal will start. Now that we have started Micro Society with students working on their jobs and businesses, we will release students at 3:55pm.
- Arrival time is 8am. Students are tardy after 8:15am. All students receive free breakfast each morning between 8-8:30am.
- Birthday parties for students: Just a friendly reminder that the only outside food that is allowed to be brought in is store bought cupcakes. You can bring them at anytime during the school day, but they will not get delivered to the classroom until 3pm.
- Pizza/Fast Food are NOT allowed to be delivered to the school or brought in for birthday parties. Because our students receive free breakfast and lunch, outside breakfast/lunch items are not allowed. From this point forward, if pizza is sent to the school, we will send it home with the student.
- Rosenberg students do have a uniform. Please see the flyer below. Remember, on Wednesdays, students may wear a college, career or military shirt. On Fridays, students may wear a Rosenberg shirt or Ball High shirt.
Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns!
Did you know, we are a Micro Society Campus!
Our mission is to prepare our students to run the world, by giving them a world to run! That is exactly what Micro Society does for our students! Learn more about what we do.. and the exciting adventures that await our students!
We are a Capturing Kids Hearts campus!
Our teachers and staff have been trained in Capturing Kids Hearts, a program that focuses on the social-emotional wellbeing of students, a relationship-driven campus culture, and student connectedness. Each month, there is a theme. For October, the theme is self-direction. Click on the files below to learn more about self-direction.
- Monday, February 6th-10th: Buy a Pop It for $2 to be delivered on Valentine's Day!
- Thursday, February 9th: Children's Museum free from 4-7pm
- Tuesday, February 14th: Pop-Its delivered to homeroom classes & class Valentine parties
- Monday, February 13-February 17: Spring Book Fair
- Thursday, February 16: Family Night/Black History Timeline Mural/Rain Works Art project night from 5:15-6:15pm
- Tuesday, February 21: Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras Hallway Parade
- Friday, February 24: Go Texan Day (students may wear cowboy/cowgirl attire)
- Friday, February 24: Tor Kids After School program to visit UTMB
Set up an account online for your child!
If you want to set up an account for your child to be able to purchase snacks, click here:
If you need help with uniforms, please reach out to our fabulous counselor, Mrs. Jackson. You can call her at 409-761-6808 or email her at email@example.com.