Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
November 13, 2015
Mrs. Johnston's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @MrsTJohnston
Upcoming Dates to Remeber
November 25-27 Thanksgiving Break
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 4 Art
- Tuesday- Day 5 PE
- Wednesday- Day 6 Music
- Thursday- Day 1 Art
- Friday- Day 2 PE
ALL FOR BOOKS!
Thank you for sending in your spare change. Our class was able to purchase $30 in books from the book fair. This money also helped us get more books for our school AND books for a school in need of books.
Thank you to Major Stanley for coming in to speak with the 3rd grade about his service in the United States Army. We learned so much! Thank you for your service!!
We also researched Veteran's Day memorials around the United States and planned one for the city of Fishers.
What's Happening in Mrs. Johnston's Class
- We will continue our small reading groups. Ask your child what book we are reading in our small group.
- Students will continue to learn about strategies when reading independently.
- We will continue looking at and investigating nonfiction books.
- We will also be looking at different nonfiction features.
- We will continue our daily 5 activities where we will read, write, and do word work.
- We will continue learning about the concept of division and look at ways to solve a division problem.
- We will look at how multiplication and division are related.
- We will continue with math workshop where the students practice math alone, with partners, and in groups while I get to know the students better as mathematicians.
- We will begin to explore nonfiction authors and the reasons for writing a nonfiction book.
- We will continue to write about topics of our choice.
Science- Shipping for Survival
The flowers arrived! We inspected them and rated ourselves on how well the box and flower survived. We also had guests from around the school rate our flowers. The group with the best design for shipping a flower was...
We will continue our Economy Inquiry Unit, where the students will learn about the economy through hands-on learning experiences. They will work in a group to decide on a business idea, write a business plan, produce a product, make an advertisement, and sell their items at a Market Day event.
Look for more details coming soon!!
NEWS FROM THE THORPE CREEK OFFICE
The Gobblers Jog 5K is right around the corner! The event runs through the
beautiful Saxony Residential and Business area. The Gobblers Jog has quickly
become an Indianapolis area favorite, and supports several area food banks.
More information is posted under the Royal Report heading on our webpage
AND a link was on the Royal Report email. Try the links below as well!
Start your Thanksgiving off with some fun and fitness!
Full information attached and at: www.goldeneventpro.com
Register at: Gobblers Jog Registration
Follow on Facebook for updates, and other information: