LIFT Weekly Update
All about the Student Ministry at First Baptist Covington.
This week at LIFT, we'll test your vocabulary and toddler translation skills, enjoy some great worship, and continue in our ProVerbs series, looking at how we apply our knowledge of God to our everyday lives! You definitely don't want to miss this great series. And remember, coming up at the end of the year, we'll give you the chance to share how God has worked in your life this semester, so let Him work!
Also, don't forget about our wonderful Prayer Breakfast at 7am for HS and 8am for MS every Tuesday!
LifeLine is back this Sunday Night with a new series called Life Lessons! We are very excited about this because it will give our students the opportunity to learn some great life skills from some wonderful older church members. They'll learn all kinds of stuff from baking biscuits from scratch to automotive repair and self defense! All this is coming up on Sunday nights at 6pm starting Sep. 8th!
Be sure to check out our SNACK SUPPER SCHEDULE below! We've added a parent-provided meal once a month, and the students LOVE it! Click on the picture below to see when you're up!
Finally, we have made our choice for Summer Camp 2014! We will be going to Student Life at Myrtle Beach June 16-20, 2014 for an amazing week of mission work, incredible worship services with David Platt and Kristian Stanfill, and great bonding time at the beach. It is sure to be an extremely impactful week, so mark your calendars now!
Also, keep these upcoming dates on your radar:
- Bonfire Night -- Oct. 23rd 5pm - 8pm
- Separate Guys/Girls Retreats Nov. 1-3
- LIFT Christmas Party Dec. 11
- Ski Trip Feb. 18-21, 2014
LifeLine is back this week with our first Life Lesson! 6-7:15pm!
Tuesdays 7am and 8am in the Annex!
Snack Supper Schedule
We now provide Snack Supper for our students once a month at LIFT! Check out this schedule to see when it's your turn!
Last Week's Message from LIFT
· Why do you think sexual sins like lust and premarital sex are taken so seriously in the Bible?
· Is being at the wrong place at the wrong time a good excuse to sin?
· What does it mean to guard your senses?
· What senses are the hardest to guard?
· What are specific things you can do to guard them?
· What is a conviction?
· What conviction do you have about God that relates to your sexual purity?