FJH Newsletter 10-11-2021
Ferris Junior High Celebrations and Information
Week at A Glance
We are excited that we have now gone three weeks without a single positive COVID case! YAY!!
Students, if you would like to compete and join UIL here is the link. This is a great way to show off how smart you are! It is also a great way to earn college scholarships. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQtI21tef1td8Pgc7kiIKvBIm3ecGbvH2WNf4M97Ik3To5Ng/viewform
Parents, when dropping off in the morning, please pull up to the sign, don't let kids off on the opposite side, and remember if your child rides the bus you can skip the line. Also, please do not drop off at the front of the school, we have busses and teachers needing to get in. We are going to try a little something different on drop off as well. We will still pull in and out the same way, but we are going to have you drop them off at the back side side walk instead of the side walk up front. We will be there to help. Pray this buys us a couple more minutes. Thanks!
Please email me any time if you have questions or concerns. email@example.com
Please follow us on social media to stay connect with us at FJH!
- Monday -
- Tuesday - Title 1 parent information Q&A 5:30 PM PTO Meeting @ 6:00 in Library
- Tuesday - Choir Concert @ 7:00 in the Cafe
- Wednesday -
- Thursday- Animal Print Day
- Friday - No school for Students. Staff Learning day
Dates to be Aware of
- Oct. end of 1st quarter grades
- Oct 18th 8th grade taking PSAT Test
- Oct. 29 WIN day no school for Secondary
- November 12 - WIN Friday No school for Secondary
- December 3 WIN Friday No school for Secondary
- December 13-14 Middle of year MAP testing
- December 15-17 Semester exams
- December 17th Early Dismissal 1:10
- January 17th - School Holiday
- February 15-17 Benchmarking
- February 18th WIN Friday
- February 21 Student holiday
- April 18 - WIN Monday
- May 3 - Algebra 1 EOC
- May 5 - STAAR science
- May 6 - STAAR social studies
- May 10 - STAAR math
- May 11 - STAAR Reading
- May 16-18 END of Year MAP testing
- May 19-20 Final Exams
- May 23 - Field day
- May 24 - Staff Student Soccer Game
Please make sure you put these dates on your calendar and ensure you are present. WE will send out more information as it gets closer for virtual students.
This is a link to lots of great information for FJH students and parents, all in one page!
Follow us @Ferris_junior_high
You can also follow us on Instagram @ferris_junior_high
Please remember to keep all the information (Phone numbers, addresses, and emails) up to date with Ms. Sparkman.