Learn the boundaries and dangers of Alcohol
2014 Alcohol Related Crashes Statistics
- In 2014 PA had 10,550 crashes related to alcohol.
- 13 % of the driver deaths in 16-20 age groups were drinking drivers.
- 74% of drinking drivers in traffic were male.
- On an average day: 29 alcohol-related traffic crashes occurred, 0.9 people were killed, and 20 people were injured in alcohol-related crashes
- Alcohol related crashes were almost 4.1 times more likely to result in death than not related to alcohol.
- 311 alcohol-related fatal crashes occurred
- 282 passengers died in a car with a drinking driver
- 13% of alcohol related deaths occur during holiday weekends
- There were 7,592 males & 2,666 females crashes