Weekly Update #5
Getting ready for changes to hybrid & fully remote programs
Fully Remote Students
Mrs. Brown should be reaching out to your families soon if she hasn't done so already. We have left a link to her Zoom room in Clever and in the Homeroom Google Classroom should your child need it. Please don't hesitate to reach out with questions about the fully remote program. We promise to do our best to answer them.
Despite our distance, our class has built quite a community. We will work hard to maintain contact with our fully remote students as they have become important members of our class.
Drop-in extra help for ALL fourth-grade students
Monday and Tuesday help: Click HERE. Mrs. Brown and Mrs. Lopes will be available to assist.
Thursday and Friday help: Click HERE. Mrs. Ellis will be available to assist.
If prompted to use a password, the password is "help".
Our classroom is ready for your children
- Assigning a reasonable amount of work through Google Classroom.
- Inviting your child to log into our Zoom classrooms four times daily on his or her fully remote days.
- Beginning and ending each day with a class meeting. During our morning meeting, we'll take attendance and read a #classroombookaday. During our afternoon meeting, we'll be summarizing our learning and reading, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
- Holding both mid-morning and mid-afternoon house meetings. During these meetings, your child will be working with his or her housemates in Professor Quimby's Zoom room. This time will be spent pre-teaching and re-teaching concepts, helping your child to stay on top of assignments, and supporting your child in any way that we can.
We are hopeful that the schedule we've designed will work for all witches and wizards but we know that there may need to be some tweaks along the way. We ask that you give us feedback as we move forward with this phase of our school year. We promise we'll do our best to respond to any feedback, positive or negative, with thoughtfulness.
Cohort 1: Gryffindor
Cohort 1: Slytherin
Cohort 2: Hufflepuff
Cohort 2: Ravenclaw
Somethings remain the same!
Please send a note in with your child if there are ANY changes in his or her dismissal. An email or phone call will work too. It is imperative that we receive all such communications by 10:00 AM. We may not be able to honor non-emergency requests to change dismissal made after 10:00 AM. Please understand that dismissal will be tricky as things stand and that we will be working as an entire staff to get children safely and efficiently out the door.
We have extra masks on hand but generally, children will be most comfortable in their own masks. Please send your child to school in a clean mask each day. Also, please pack a "just in case" mask in a ziplock bag in your child's backpack.
You can access Clough's school protocols by clicking HERE.
Packing the Backpack
- Your child's iPad (fully charged). This is REALLY important.
- The three-ring binder (This is just to get the students organized on the first day...generally it will stay at home.)
- Charlotte's Web
- Three marble composition notebooks (math, Dear Harry, and reading)
- A pencil box/bag containing sharpened pencils, erasers, hand-held pencil sharpener, small school scissor, colored pencils, etc.
- A spare mask packed in a ziplock bag.
- A snack, water bottle, and lunch if your child is bringing lunch from home.
Cohort one students will have library on Tuesday and technology on Wednesday of this coming week. Cohort two students will have music on Thursday and Gym on Friday of this coming week. All students will have art in Mrs. Stone's Zoom room on Wednesdays of each week.
Click this LINK to access the students' week 1 and week 2 specials schedule.
Marie, Abby, Adam, and Kathleen