GCIS Friday Focus 5/6/2016
Be the Key to Our Success!
Special thanks to all the duty teachers and your efforts to keep our spaces in the morning and afternoon safe! Please let me know if there is anything that we may need to adjust.
What's Happening This Week!
- 4th STAR
- 10:30am Mtg w/ Becky
- IEP Mtg 3:30pm
- Learning Sessions
- 5th STAR
- 9:15 Mtg Kabecca
- Coaches & Admin Mtg 1:00pm
- Admin Mtg 2:00-3:30pm
- Lunch Dates W/ Van Cleave
- Mtg w/ Becky 11:00pm
- Collaboration 2:00pm
- Public Hearing: GCAB 5:30pm
- 6th STAR
- Mtg w/ Tim 1:30
- IEP 3:30pm
- 6th grade field trip
- Parent & Community Involvement Drive in Movie in Jefferson (if raining at rec center)
Transition Meetings w/ Grade Levels
5th grade & 6th Grade Meetings:
- Tues May 24th 7:30am (normally learning sessions)
4th grade & 5th grade
- Thursday May 26th 11:45-12:20
3rd & 4th (Still waiting for reply)
6th & 7th (still waiting for reply)
Celebration of Learning Details
Where: Homestead Coffee Shop (Jefferson)
Time: 2:00pm (Back Room)
Purpose & Goal: To gather, reflect, and share about our learning and growth related to Project Based Learning and Performance Tasks this year.
Each team will share out their learning. This can look a variety of ways. Be creative! I have included a few possible reflective statements to help with the brainstorming process...
- I used to think...and now I think
- What went Well, What didn't go well, what did you learn as a team, as individuals.
- Share your process (use the stairstep picture to reflect on your journey)
- Share student work, examples of assessment, explanation of your performance task, etc.
Dates til the End of the Year to Make Note Of....
Below is a link to dates for the remander of the year. Please feel free to add to this doc if there are other dates that we might have forgotten. I plan to keep this linked up in the newsletter each week! (example: if you are playing kickball at the softball field one afternoon, add that date to the doc.) Let me know if you have any questions! Can you believe it we have 42 more days! Wow, has the year flown!
Dates to Add to the Calendar
Color Run Details:
- We will be having the color run here in Grand Junction.
- ALL students will still be able to participate in the run even if they don't fund raise.
- If you have large water containers for water stations we are needing them on that day!
- We are needing a few leaf blowers to blow off color. If you have one please let Heather know in the office and we will put you down.