News From Nighthawk Nation
Elevating Excellence in Academics, Character & Community
Message from the Principals
Mrs. Baker K-3 Principal
Mrs. Hejl 4-8 Principal
Mr. Bissell, AP/AD - Nighthawk Nation Athletic News
Todd Bissell is a career educator. In 1983 Mr. Bissell began his social studies teaching career. After High School, Todd attended CSU. He received his Bachelor’s Degree in Social Studies Education in 1983 and a Masters Degree in Education Administration in 1987 from CSU. After 14 years in the classroom, Todd decided to move into School Administration. Over the next 20 years he served as a District Assessment Coordinator, Athletic Director, Assistant Principal, Principal, and Superintendent of Schools. During these years Mr. Bissell also coached a variety of sports including football, basketball, baseball, and volleyball at the Middle and High School levels. Mr. Bissell has many great experiences in education. Todd enjoys working with students, staff, and parents by making a positive impact on his school communities. He strives to create a positive, caring, rigorous and challenging learning environment.
Todd and his wife Brenda have four wonderful children. Danielle is a Pastry Chef, Zachary is a Baseball Coach, Jacob is an Independent Professional Baseball player, and Ashley is a sophomore in High School.
Officer Jalali - Nighthawk Safety
Officer Jalali wants families to know that she is here first and foremost to ensure the safety off students and staff. Aside from that,she is a resource for any student who needs it. Whether if that’s giving them outside resources and solutions to problems, or stepping into a mentorship role to someone who needs extra support. Her goal is to be approachable, so everyone feels comfortable coming to her. Throughout the year she to teach short courses to students and parents! We have a wide variety of topics we are certified to teach in and would be happy to go over those specifics with anyone curious.
She is so excited to begin the school year with us!
Tuesday, September 10, 2019- K-3 Picture Day
- Students will get their school pictures taken on Tuesday, September 10th. Photographers will be on the K-3 Campus (2366 E. 1st St.) throughout the day. These will be the pictures used in the yearbook, please plan accordingly on this day to look your very best. Picture order packets will be sent home with students, or can be accessed online.
September 17, 2019- 7th and 8th Grade Florida Trip Parent Information Meeting
- This exciting opportunity to visit Tampa, Florida over our spring break happens every other year. Please join us for a short informational meeting about the trip and the many unique opportunities it offers!
- 5 pm in the STEM Room (299 Peridot Ave)
- If you have already registered for this trip you do not have to attend the meeting
Tuesday, September 24, 2019- Grades 4-8 Picture Retake Day
- Did you miss student check in? Did your picture not turn out as you thought it would? Please plan on participating in picture retake day on Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at the 4-8 Campus (299 Peridot). Retakes will be scheduled throughout the day. These photos will be used in the school yearbook, to please make sure to plan accordingly.
Back to School Assembly for the 4-8th grade students
The NVCS staff welcomed both new and returning students on the first day of classes. We have a wonderful group of students joining Nighthawk Nation.
1st Day of School at K-3 Campus
It was an exciting day as we welcomed students back to the K-3 Campus.
NVCS Loveland Heart
Will LaGory, Art Teacher, with the help and fingerprints of the 2018-2019 New Vision Nighthawks, designed and painted the Loveland Heart that is in front of New Vision Charter School 4-8.