Hillcrest Staff ARTery
We are the heART of Hillcrest!
The week of November 30th - December 4th
AM - Tracy, Emily & Beth
PM - Kari, Amy B. & Rachel
Treats: Cory & Angie
Word of the Week: Truthfulness
----------------------------------------------Monday, November 30th (Day 1)
- Hillcrest Lottery Takes Place
- 2:45 - 3:45 - 3rd Grade Grandfriends' Day
Tuesday, December 1st (Day 2)
- 8:20 - 9:05 Staff Meeting - Close Reading (Part 2)\
- 12:00 - 2:15 CoCAT Testing in Computer Lab
- 4:00 - 5:00 Tech Team Meeting
Wednesday, December 2nd (Day 3)
- 8:20 - 9:00 - SWIM team meeting/Caroline's room
- 12:00 - 2:15 CoCAT Testing in Computer Lab
Thursday, December 3rd (Day 1)
- Fundraiser Pickup
- 8:00 - 1:00 - Calvin out of building
- 9:30 - 11:30 - Snow Queen Performance @ Jefferson (ELA)
- 9:40 - 11:15 - Grade 3 to "The Nutcracker"
- 11:55 - 2:00 - Snow Queen Performance @ Jefferson (Grades K - 4)
- 3:00 - LOCKDOWN Drill
- 10:15 - 3:15 - 5th Grade Biz Town
Friday, December 4th (Day 2)
- 8:20 - 9:00 - BLT Meeting (Conference Room)
December 10th - 1st and 2nd Grade Festivals
December 18th - Winter Party
December 21st - January 1st - NO SCHOOL
Winter Skate Party Schedule
Here is the sing-a-long schedule:
9:45-10:35 Rachel L, Jody, Emily S., Beth
10:55-11:45 Amy G., Trista, Anna, Lee, Tracy
1:00-1:50 Amy W., Angie, Katie, ELA
2:10-3:00 Cici, Cory, Kari, Jenn, Amy B, Ally
Update your email signature!
Two updated signature examples are on display (below) as options you might consider!
Follow these steps for your very own hip-happenin' email signature:
- Download the attached .jpg and save it to your desktop.
- Click to open the settings menu. (It's the "Gear" symbol in the upper right corner of the window while you are in your isd271 Gmail account.)
- In the "General" settings (the window that will open when you click on "Settings") scroll down to your signature.
- Place your cursor wherever you so choose, then use the "Insert Image" icon (looks like little mountains) to upload an HC .jpg that will blast you into 2016 a month and a half early.
- Resize the image accordingly by clicking on the image and selecting "small," "medium," etc. found below it.
Followed the steps? Now you're rolling with the big dogs, yes you are.
Third Grade Teacher
Hillcrest Community School
"Hillcrest is more than a school, we are a joyful community of learners.
Tech Team Information
Information on the Tech Team. The tech team structure is a replacement for the former CT program, with the Media Director and a a teacher co-lead heading it up in every elementary school. (Lee Nelson is our HC NTL co-lead---shout out to him!) We meet on the first Tuesday of the month to discuss where we're at now as a building, and to make decisions about how things will look with more devices at Hillcrest. This is our year to get ready, and we'd like to do it well.
How it'll happen. By putting logistics into place that best suit how our school works, anything from deciding how we will organize and hand out Chromebooks to what we will teach our Hillcrest families about the devices. Our goal as a team is to think of it so you don't have to next fall.
I'll send out an information blurb every other Wednesday starting in December, in addition to Calvin's Artery newsletter updates. We have also assigned tech team members to groups of HC staff for questions and reporting. They are:
- Trista: K-1
- Cory: 2
- Lee: 3-4
- Jenn: 4-5
- Belle: HC_Staff, Specialists, Parents
- Calvin: Central Office & Support Staff, Peer Admin, Parents, Special Ed
- Allie: FAQ
Stay tuned for more sharing as the weeks pass!
Personal Leave Requests (change delayed)
Building Reminders (Updated)
- No gum in the hallways and cafeteria
- Please have students brush off bark chips before coming into the school (also have them help pick them up chips off the floor at clean up time)
- Please do not daisy chain or link your power chords to each other
- Please put trash and recycling cans by your classroom door at the end of the day
- Please put chairs up on tables at the end of the day
Winter is coming . . .
- Please make sure students take their coats and boots home regularly, so that the hall can be kept clean.
- Please make sure that students stomp and wipe their feet before entering the hallways.
Registration Ends on NOVEMBER 28th
You can learn more at this link
ELEMENTS and DIMENSIONS ACADEMY - Dates for 2015-16
Elements is a program for 2nd and 3rd grade students whose academic talent and performance indicate their need for in-depth, complex and rigorous curriculum and instruction. Dimensions Academy (DA) is a program for students in grades 4-8 who are highly/profoundly gifted. If you are interested in learning about these programs, please note the dates and times of several informational meetings and tours.
Dec. 7 - DA/Elements INFO Mtg 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. @ Oak Grove
Dec. 9 - Oak Grove Elementary Tour 10:00 a.m.
Dec. 11 - DA Middle School Applications Due (for new DA students only)