Alcohol -- Life in a bottle.
By: Lauren Irmen
What is alcohol and how is it taken?
- It is a fluid that can catch on fire, and is the intoxicating ingredient in drinks such as beer, wine, spirits and other drinks. It slows down the functions of your central nervous system and changes your vision, movement, hearing, emotion and perception.
- Alcohol is taken oraly. There is no way to inject, sniff or for it to be absorbed. You physically have to drink this drug, and cannot be taken any other way.
Signs of Abuse...
- People ignoring school work or their duties at work
- Drinking alcohol in situations that you shouldn't
- Getting caught by the police for a DUI but still drink again
- Choosing drinking over relationships
- Using drinking as a way to relax
- Not showing up to important events