Holy Name of Mary, Friday, June 7, 2019
Don't cry...the report card writing is almost over! Thank you in advance to all of you for getting your marks and comments done on time so that we can read through them and get them back to you ASAP.
We've only got 14 school days left after today, so hang in there. We are in the home stretch. Thank you for being here and for all that you continue to do to make Holy Name an amazing place to be.
Report Card Reminders
- Be sure to include the IEP comment where necessary in your comment boxes and to check off the IEP box when students have modifications to their programming.
- Remember to check off "N/A" for subjects that you did not teach this term.
- Don't forget to spell check your work before you hand it in!
- Reports and IEPs are due to the office at 8:00am on Monday, June 10th. Megan will print them that morning.
- Report cards will be sent home on Tuesday, June 25th. Grade 8 students will receive their report cards at Graduation.
- As you know, it is very stressful to be getting report cards ready at the last possible minute. Please ensure that all your corrections are done by Wednesday, June 19th so that we have sufficient time to reprint, sign, photocopy and put them into envelopes on Friday, June 21st. That way we can all enjoy the final weekend before the last week of school and avoid any undue pressure in the final few days of school.
- Please be sure that if you are away on a trip or for some other reason and you do not have a supply covering for you back at school that you switch duties with someone in advance.
- Please bring a walkie-talkie out with you on the yard if you take your class outside so that Megan and Lauren can track kids down when parents come to pick them up. The outside speakers are not loud enough to be heard at the moment.
- We need to clear the pavement and yard of rocks for the Water Fun Day on Friday, June 21st. (Otherwise it's going to be a painful ride down the hill for the water slide!) There is no easy way to do it other than having the kids help pick up the rocks. We will find some buckets for rock-gathering. If each class helps pick up rocks for DPA once or twice over the next two weeks, that will make it much nicer for our Social Justice Team and for the lawnmowing folks. I'm not sure where we are going to put them yet, but will let you know.
French Road Trip
Kris' class went on a road trip to Carleton Place High School to be judges for their students' French speeches. They did a great job of listening to and evaluating some amazing speakers and then played a great game of Carleton Place vs. Almonte Kahoot for bragging rights.
Sara Reid organized some fantastic Science workshops with the OttawaU Maker Mobile for all our Grade 5 & 6 classes. They got to try some pretty cool experiments using basic ingredients like oil, vinegar, baking soda and food coloring. Thank you Sara for your leadership in putting these great activities on for our Juniors!
Jane & Brigitte took their classes on their year-end trip on Monday. They went to glow-in-the-dark bowling (see photo below) in the morning and then visited the Pottery Playhouse in Stittsville for the afternoon. The kids made mugs and plates for their dads for Father's Day. Those dads are going to love them!
French Road Trip
The older kids have invented some kind of crazy Bench Ball game out on the yard. It's great to see their creativity and how kids of all ages are joining in.
Shannon's little Ray came to the office on Thursday to read Caroline his shape book. He drew all of the shapes himself, wrote out their names and read them aloud independently. Awesome.
Karen's class went outside for Quiet Time Thursday afternoon. They found a nice sunny/shady spot at the back of the yard and settled in for some reading and drawing.
The Week Ahead
Monday, June 10th
- Report cards and IEPS are due.
- Mary out
Tuesday, June 11th
- Book Fair arrives
- Erin out (pm only)
- Grade 7/8 Three Pitch
- Jane out (Kaitlin Driscoll)
- Mary out
- Feedback meetings (RE & FR)
- CP 200th Anniversary presentations in the library (9:30am-10:30am)
- Gail Gamble in to volunteer
- CDSBEO Retirement Celebration in Kemptville
Wednesday, June 12th
- Andrea Ross in for testing
- Erin & Mary ordering Special Transportation for next year.
- Gr. 7/8 Three-Pitch Rain Date
- Grade 1 & 1/2 Trip to the Museum of Science & Technology
- Liz B out (am only, Peter McGahey)
- Mary out (am only)
- Sara H out (Sandra Stewart)
- Scholastic Book Fair starts
- Year-End BBQ 4:30-6:30pm
Thursday, June 13th
- Kerri Starr in
- Victoria F out
- Scholastic Book Fair, Day 2
- Transition Meeting (Karen B., Mary, Caroline)
Friday, June 14th
- Debbie Balog in
- Last day of Clubs
- Scholastic Book Fair until lunch