December 18, 2018
School Hours: 8:45 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
18 - Reading Night - 5:30pm
18 - Choir Winter Concert - 6:30pm
21 - Classroom Holiday Parties - 10am - Please Pre-register!
21 - School Sing-Along - 2:15pm - Students Only
24-31 Winter Holidays
1-4 Winter Holidays
7 - Students Return!
15 - Mustang Express Newsletter
15 - Nature Trails for half of 3rd & 5th
16 - Nature Trails for half of 3rd & 5th
17 - PTO Meeting - 6:00-7:30pm
18 - End of 2nd Nine Weeks
Classroom Holiday Parties
Believe it or not, the holiday break is almost upon us! All holiday parties will be held on Friday, December 21st at 10am in your child's homeroom.
If you plan to attend your child's holiday party, please submit a pre-registration form to the front office by TOMORROW, December 19th. The pre-registration system allows the front office to print your V-Soft badge in advance in order to streamline the entrance process. Please note that driver's licenses will be required before badges will be dispensed. If you have not entered the building this school year, please arrive to the front office early, as your driver's license will need to be scanned into the school's system.
As a reminder, no school-aged siblings are allowed to attend the holiday parties.
Pre-registration forms can be downloaded below:
Lost & Found is Overflowing!
PARENTS: Please check the cabinet outside the Clinic!
We make every effort to return lost items.
However, we send hundreds of unlabeled coats, jackets, and personal items to charity each year.
Please label EVERYTHING with your child’s name.
ALL REMAINING ITEMS WILL BE DONATED TO ANGEL'S ATTIC DURING THE WINTER BREAK.
RESPECT: Millsap Core Value
This month at Millsap we are focusing on our core value of respect.
Respect is showing others they are important by what you say and do.
Here are two videos that some of our teachers are showing in their classrooms:
Sesame Street "Word on the Street": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOzrAK4gOSo
'It's Called Respect' Rap: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGuT9-_Y5J4&feature=youtu.be
It’s hard to believe our school year will soon be halfway over. As each year passes, I’m reminded of how short the time is that we get to shape and influence our children! We have a great and precious privilege here at Millsap Elementary to come along side to assist in this journey.
Thank you for sharing your child and most precious gift with us. Enjoy the next few weeks creating family traditions and sharing special moments with our little Millsap Mustangs. May 2019 bring in more opportunities for learning and growing in order to be the best we can be.
CAR RIDER LINE
In an effort to make our AM car rider line more efficient, we would like to ask for your help with the following:
1. Please allow enough time for your child to enter building at 8:45 AM. We ask that you be in the car rider line no later than 8:30 AM so you have enough time to go through the line and drop your child off before the beginning of the school day. When the 8:45 AM bell rings, car rider staff will need to go into the building so they can begin instruction.
2. If you exit the parking lot by turning right onto Shaft Rd., please turn right onto Huffmeister Rd. Please do not wait to make a left onto Huffmeister as that slows the other cars that are trying to exit the parking lot.
3. Occasionally, car rider staff may direct you to turn left from the parking lot onto Shaft Road or go straight through the daycare lane to Huffmeister Rd. Please follow the direction of the car rider staff and know that we are doing this to alleviate a temporary back-up. We appreciate your assistance with this.
4. Please do not turn left into the parking lot when there are other cars in line. This complicates the car rider process and is not fair to parents that have been waiting in line.
If you have any questions, please call to speak to the assistant principal, Mrs. Murr
Thank you in advance for your help with these procedures. We appreciate your support.
Car Rider Staff
Parents or Guardians are strongly encouraged to use the Home Access Center to monitor their child’s attendance, grades, and schedule to ensure accuracy and take appropriate action when necessary.
It is the parent’s duty to monitor the student’s school attendance. If you have any questions or concerns in regards to your child’s attendance, you are more than welcome to email Stephanie.Medina@cfisd.net or contact the front desk at 281-897-4470.
When an email address or phone number has changed, please feel free to send a note with your child or email the teacher of those changes. It is important we have the most current information on file and in the system in the case of an emergency.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Notes from our Nurse
Guidelines for Keeping Sick Children Home from School
A sick child who is unable to participate in school in a meaningful way should be kept home to rest and recover until symptoms resolve. Keeping a sick child home also protects other children, school staff, and visiting community members from contracting an illness that can be spread from person to person.Please be aware of the following guidelines for school attendance.
- Fever: A child should remain home with fever greater than 100° F and should only return after he/she has been fever free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medicine such as Tylenol or Motrin.
- Diarrhea/Vomiting: A child with diarrhea and/or vomiting should stay at home and return to school only after being symptom free for 24 hours.
- Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye): Following a diagnosis of pink eye, a child may return to school 24 hours after the first dose of prescribed medication has been administered.
If you take your child to a healthcare provider for an illness, please be sure to request a written letter stating when your child may return to school.
ALL Over-the-Counter meds must be new and unopened.
Medication is to be delivered and picked up by a parent or guardian and brought to the clinic in the original container labeled with child's name, name of the medication and directions for the time and dosage. Physician's name must be on prescription medication. Students may not carry medications - including cough drops.
Staci DiAngelo, RN
School Lunch and Breakfast Menus
No Place for Hate
This year we will continue our participation as a No Place for Hate school. I know it has been mentioned before, but I wanted to take some time to explain a bit.
No Place for Hate helps to create and sustain inclusive school environments where all students feel valued and have the opportunity to succeed by promoting respect for individual differences while challenging bigotry and prejudice.
Watch D.O.G.S. Signup Information
Thank you so much to all the Dads who have already signed up to volunteer at Millsap this year.
At this time, there are still dates available, so if you would like to sign up for a second day, please call Jennifer Marasek at 281-517-2913. Thank you for serving in our school!