The Titan Times: Week 18
The River Place Elementary (RPE) Campus Newsletter
In this Edition:
- Message from Principal Sharp
- Mark Your Calendars and Links to District and Lunch Calendars
- Leander ISD Opportunities
- Counselor's Connection Info & Message
- Ways to Stay Engaged & Volunteer for Upcoming Events
- Growing a Titan Mindset and Connection Every Day!
We wrap up the 2022 calendar year this week on campus! To do so, students are encouraged but not required to get into the spirit of the season by participating in our dress up days (noted below). Friday's dress up day was tweaked a little to support our State Bound Vandegrift High School Football team. They defeated Katy High School this weekend and play DeSoto on Saturday in the 6A DII Championship. To show support for our Vipers, Titans are encouraged to wear pajamas and Viper gear on Friday because we are "Dreaming of a Viper Win". Should you wish to support the team further, they are seeking donations to pay for the extension of the season and cover travel costs for students and coaches.
Another way we close the year is by holding winter parties. Our winter parties are on Thursday, December 15th. To ensure this is the most wonderful time of the year, there are a few things to be aware of as you prepare to visit our campus.
Parking on our campus can be a tedious task on days like Thursday because we will have grade level parties overlapping in some instances. To keep our campus safe and in compliance with local laws, do not double park, park in a fire lanes, or take liberties of parking in areas that are clearly marked for specific purposes (i.e. handicapped parking). Carpooling is highly recommended to support our campus as well as biking or walking to campus if able. If not, the Austin Fellowship Church (AFC) is allowing our community to use their parking lot (paved areas only due to construction) to support our potential need for overflow parking.
Your Titan's classroom teacher as well as the campus newsletter has communicated an RSVP google form to support our visitor check-in process. That form closes today at 3 PM. As in other events, there will be two lines: one who RSVP'd and the other for those who did not. Remember, this process is necessary to ensure a safe environment on campus for our students and staff. Please be patient with our office team and support staff.
Lastly, we close the year with an early release on Friday, December 16th at 11:30 AM. Again, this is an early release day. Should you need support with dismissal manager, please let us know.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and grace as we aim to safely serve our students. Let's make it a great week of finishing the 2022 calendar year with PRIDE!
Take care and be well,
Dr. Amy Sharp
Proud RPE Principal
- The street in front of our school becomes ONE WAY during arrival (7:05 - 8:00am) & dismissal times (2:20-3:00pm).
- Follow the map provided for the safety of our Titan Community. There is NO DROP OFF FOR STUDENTS AT THE FRONT OF THE BUILDING.
- During this time the traffic in front of our school on Sitio Del Rio Blvd should flow one way ONLY--traffic entering from River Place Blvd. and driving towards FM 2222.
- If parking in the parking lot in front of our school for drop off or pick up during these times, you should follow the flow of traffic, making a LEFT turn as you exit the parking area.
Mark Your Calendars
- 13th State Hearing and Vision Screenings Throughout the School Day
- 14th-16th Staff and Student Dress Up Days! See below.
- 15th: Winter Parties- see teacher's newsletter for grade level party information
- 16th Early Release at 11:30 AM
- 19th through January 2nd Winter Break- No school for students and our staff reports back to campus on January 2nd
On January 3, 2023 students return to campus & the 3rd Nine Weeks Grading Period begins.
MUST KNOWS FOR THE COMMUNITY
We are "Dreaming of a Viper Win" on Friday!
FRIDAY: Wear Viper Gear AND Pajamas to Support Our Vipers
Volunteer at RPE
Run/ Read Club: Volunteers Needed
What is River Place Run/Read Club:
- A morning walk or jog is a great way to start the day and a healthy habit to form. Encourage your kids by volunteering for this event!
- It is also a great way to see your kids interact with friends in their grade level.
- We need parent support to keep this program going strong. Your words of encouragement as they run laps go a long way to encourage the students. Sign up here!
- Students will either run around the track and earn prizes, OR they may read silently to self in the gym.
- Volunteers and teachers will help set up the tables, help students get their badges, log laps run, motivate kids, give out rewards for laps run, and collect badges and take down tables when Run Club is finished. Sign up here!
- After Run Club, at 7:50, Mr. Grace will pick up the students and take them to the cafeteria. Students who have not had breakfast yet will do so then.
Time: 7:10-7:50 AM
Place: Check in at the front receptionist desk and then head to the MPR (Multi-Purpose Room across from the cafeteria)
Questions: please contact/text Tracey Schalscha at 602-558-0248
YOU MUST BE A REGISTERED LISD VOLUNTEER. Sign up here!
Run or Read Club Schedule:
River Place Elementary Titan Community
Here are our Titan Community Communication Tools-
- River Place Elementary School Website
- Twitter Account
- PTA Facebook Page
- Remind App for River Place Insiders
Location: 6500 Sitio Del Rio Blvd, Austin, TX 78730, USA