Southwood Academy of the Arts
Mr. Burdette's Students Study Internal Organs using Technology
It is Frog Dissection Time!
Ms. Lee's Students Measure and Record Plant Growth
SAA's Cory White Diversity Award: Camila Ramirez Camarena
Strings End of the Year Concerts
Mrs. Griffith is excited to announce that her students will have orchestra concerts in person on Thursday, May 20th in the SAA's Performing Arts Center! Students will be safely distanced on the stage and wearing masks. Parents are asked to sit in family groups safely distanced in the audience. Every other row will be marked off. There will be programs on the seats where you can sit. Students should wear their concert black attire.
6th & 7th Grade Concert 6:00 pm
(Students need to arrive by 5:30 pm)
8th Grade Concert 7:00 PM
(Students need to arrive by 6:40)
Get the Grade Tutoring Center
YCI Thursday Mornings
YCI is meeting in the Performing Arts Center at 7:30 am on Thursday mornings! All are welcome.
8th Grade Dance
Performing Through the Decades
Performance is Thursday, April 6th 6:30-7:30 pm!
A5 Free Internet Information
This 7 page document has many helpful hints and links for Google Classroom, Google Meet, and much more.
AM Drop Off - front of the school 7:30-8:15!
Don't Forget Athletic Shoes for PE Day!
Don't Forget to Wash Your Masks!
Early Dismissal / Appointment Policies
- When you arrive at school, please call the office: 864-260-5205 to let us know you are here to pick up a student for dismissal.
- Make sure to have your license ready and press the buzzer for entrance.
- Once the door is unlocked, be prepared to show your license through the window while you will remain in the foyer. Please DO NOT enter the office area.
- We will have a sign-out sheet in the foyer. Please know that we will get your student to you as quickly as we can.
News from Nurse Rosa
1. Take the temperature of any child demonstrating shortness of breath, loss of taste, sore throat, muscle aches, chills, new or worsening cough, or runny nose.
2. Keep the child at home one or more days to monitor symptoms.
3. If you decide to have a COVID-19 test, notify the school nurse of the results so that the school can implement the Enhanced Health and Safety Protocols in the classroom(s) where your child attended.
*All information will remain confidential between the school and family. No other families will be given the health information of your child.
TDAP: All students are reminded that they must have their Tdap vaccination BEFORE starting 7th grade! Now is the time to schedule an appointment for your 6th grade student. Please submit documentation to Nurse Rosa after immunization.
For any health-related questions, call the office or email Nurse Rosa.
Robert Anderson Cheerleading
Any 6th or 7th grade student interested in cheerleading at Robert Anderson Middle next year. We will be having tryouts on Friday, May 14th at Robert Anderson. To try out, you must fill out the google form below or posted on the school website so the coaches can email you tryout materials and information. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Mrs. Solla .
This is for 6th or 7th grade students who want to try out for RAMS cheerleading.
TLH Color Guard Information in the Main Office
McCants Girls Basketball
If you are interested in playing girls basketball at McCants, please check out the Google Classroom linked below and email Coach Quan Ramsey. Bogodcd is the Google Classroom code in order to join. All announcements and information will be there!
This includes spring and summer workout information and a Google Classroom code for McCants Football.
2020-2021 District Calendar
Don't Forget Mother's Day is Sunday!
Southwood Academy of the Arts
Eric Chamblee, Associate Principal & Instructional Facilitator
Paula Doolittle, Guidance
Joshua Powell, Arts Lead Teacher
Cheri Gilbert, Secretary