The Compass Notes for Families
March 17, 2023
Hello, Pirate family!
Thank you for your support and partnership. We value you and your students. We also hope that each of you has a wonderful Spring Break and can take the time to relax and enjoy your friends and family. Happy St. Patricks Day and have a truly wonderful break!
We will see you all back at school Monday, March 27th!
Dr. Kim Archer, Compass Principal
Mrs. Allison Page, Compass Assistant Principal
Dates to Know
- March 17: Report Cards Go Home & Watch D.O.G.S
- March 20-24: No School, Spring Break
- March 30: Kindergarten Kickoff
- April 7: School in Session, Make Up Day
- April 10: No School, District Inservice
- April 26: Professional Learning Community Day, 2-hour early release
HUGE SHOUT OUT TO ALL FAMILIES WHO DONATED AND HELPED WITH OUR APEX FUNDRAISER!
Through this, we were able to raise: $18,657.75!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is amazing! Our school goal was $18,500!! THANK YOU SO MUCH COMPASS FAMILIES!!!
Here is the list of our Compass archers going to state!!!! We shoot Saturday, March 18th at 9am for Bullseye and 1pm for 3D.
LET'S GO COMPASS!!!
- Babcock, Claire
- Bowen, Emerson
- Callaway, Carli
- Detrick, Autumn
- Gurgens, Cooper
- Hayes, Eila
- Kidwell, Claire
- Kieser, Brooklynne
- Lister, Gavin
- Lopeman, Blake
- Macko, Cameron
- Magnuson, Miles
- Marchisio, Callen
- Matteson, Cooper
- Nava, Jason
- Rawson, Caleb
- Rogge, Kyler
- Stanturf, Devlin
- Timmons, Mia
- Willard, Blake
- Williams, Corbin
- Willson, Theo
- Wolters, Will
April 21, 2023: Watch D.O.G.S
Kindergarten Kick Off
Children who have turned five years of age before August 1, 2023, are eligible for kindergarten for the 2023-24 school year. Families are encouraged to view the 2023-24 attendance area boundary map linked here, or call the District office at 816-858-5420 for confirmation of attendance area.
If your family has an incoming kindergartner, please complete the form linked here. If you know of a family with an incoming kindergartner, please share! We will send an enrollment packet and additional information about Kindergarten Kickoffs, hosted in each elementary on Thursday, March 30.
Make Up Snow Days for Students
With our inclement weather days on February 9 and February 16, and no school on February 15 to celebrate the Chief Super Bowl parade, our make up day plans are as follows:
- February 9 Inclement Weather Day - Will be made up on Friday, April 7
- February 15 No School Day - Will be made up on Thursday, May 25
- February 16 Inclement Weather Day - Will be made up on Friday, May 26
Summer School 2023!
Platte County School District is excited to announce that Summer School will be held June 1-29, 2023. All Platte County R-3 students are invited to attend and continue to grow as learners throughout the summer! The purpose of PCR-3’s Summer School Program is to provide an experience that is relevant, rigorous, and engaging, based on individual learner needs, in a safe and caring environment.
- Be looking for communication on K-8th grade summer school registration sometime in March.
- Incoming Kindergarten students will be able to complete summer school registration forms during Kindergarten Kickoffs on March 30.
- Information about enrolling in the High School summer school program will be available in April.
Other Important Information
🏴☠️ Pirates ROCK Character Trait
Pirates R.O.C.K. (Raising Outstanding Character Kids) is a program designed to surround our families with examples of strong character traits through school experiences, at home, and reinforced in their community. Each month our community focuses on a specific character trait and students are recognized for exhibiting these traits: Self Confidence, Pride, Responsibility, Citizenship, Compassion, Individuality, Self Control, Integrity, Perseverance, Respect, Honesty, and Cooperation.
March's #PiratesROCK trait is INTEGRITY: having a sincere, honest nature.
Leader in Me connections to INTEGRITY:
- Habit 1: Be Proactive - You are in charge of you.
- Habit 3: Put First Things First - Do the important things first.
Character Strong connections to INTEGRITY:
- Responsible Decision Making, Honesty, Kindness, Respect, Selflessness, Commitment
Keep in Contact with Us!
Dr. Kimberly Archer
Mrs. Allison Page
Thank You to Our Compass Elementary Pirates R.O.C.K. Business Partners!
Compass Elementary School
Location: 401 Kentucky Avenue, Platte City, MO, USA