Islam v. Judaism
5 Basic beliefs of Islam
- Belief in one god. (Allah is the Arabic word for god, not believed to be a separate god from the Judeo-Christian version.)
- Belief in prophethood (Muhammad and the ones before him)
- Belief in the justice of God
- Belief in the Imams (or Apostles) of God
- Belief in the Day of Judgement
Ten Commandments of the Jewish Torah
- Worship no other God but me.
- Do not make images to worship.
- Do not misuse the name of God.
- Observe the Sabbath Day (Saturday). Keep it Holy.
- Honor and respect your father and mother.
- Do not murder.
- Do not commit adultery.
- Do not steal.
- Do not accuse anyone falsely. Do not tell lies about other people.
- Do not envy other's possessions.
- Both Muslims and Jews worship the same God
- They both reject the Christian beliefs about Jesus
- They both Believe in Angels
- They both believe in prophets and divine relations
- Believe in the resurrection of the dead, in the day of judgment, and in Heaven and Hell
- They both regard Jerusalem as a Holy city
- They both require male circumcision
- They both pray a set number of times a day
- They both have a religious and mandatory set diet
- They both segregate men and women during worship services