Sharepoint Back Up!!
Q2 Progress Reports
December DDI Conferences
Our monthly conference schedule is postponed in December due to the winter holiday. To ensure that we are still looking at data and using it to drive instructional choices, please respond to the email sent by your HLT on 12/10/2015. This email provided pass rate data for your courses.
Remember to reply to your HLT AND implement your plan of action by COB Friday, December 18:
- Come up with a plan of action to motivate failing students to catch up over the winter break (use your gradebook(s) to identify specific students/failing grade bands). Respond to this email with the details of your plan – will you be sending catch up plans on an individual basis? Based on missing assignments? Based on grade bands? Will you be offering extra credit points for work completed over break? Will you be adding a catch up announcement to your course?
HOLIDAY Break - Potential Student Catch-up Time!
- Email/Kmail blast to your HM and content students
- Weekly NOHS announcement
- Add this reminder to your Content Calendar
- Offer an incentive to students who are completely caught up in their course upon return from the break. (Extra Credit is a great incentive!)
Please share your ideas with your HLT!
Quarter 2 ILPs
ILP Instructions can be found in Sharepoint.
BreadCrumbs: SharePoint California Managed Schools > Teams > IS-CALA > Insight Manual > Individualized Learning Plans
No Department Meeting 12/15/2015
- SBAC PPT collaboration (due Friday, 1/8)
- Complete ILPs (due Friday, 12/18)
- Create Catch-up Plans for failing students (due Friday, 12/18)
Quarter 2 Due Dates & Deadlines
Module 5 Training
- New teachers please download : SY 15-16 New Teacher Training- Module 5
- Returning teachers please download: SY 15-16 Returning Teacher Training - Module 5
- Upon completion, please update the HAT:
- Please Scan and email your completed guide to your HLT by COB on 12/18/2015
Quality Online Teaching VNTSP:
Quality Online Teaching: Reporting Personal Progress:
New Teacher Training:
Section sizes have been increased for this class. There are two remaining dates for each section to meet; one in January and one in April. Since this is a multi-event classroom, when a new teacher enrolls for a section, they are enrolled for both dates. We hope everyone will attend both dates to get the most out of the class, but the minimum requirement is to attend one date with a whiteboard posting of their own progress. Directions for how to prepare the posting are in the curriculum.
Once a participant attends and posts, they should NOT cancel their enrollment, even if they aren't going to attend on the other date(s). Cancelling will remove their name from the roster and prevent the issuing of a certificate at the end of the year.
Due Dates and Reminders
Dec. 2nd-18th: Q2 ILP Update Window
Dec. 18th: Teacher Training Module 5 Due to HLT (Update HAT)
Dec. 18th: Quarter 2 - C1 - New Students - Initial ILP Due
Dec. 18th: Email Employee Attendance Card
Dec 21st-Jan 1st: Winter Break
Jan. 4th: Quarter 2 - C2 - New Students - Initial ILP Due
Jan. 12th: LP-4 Ends; (12/2/2015-1/12/2016)
Jan. 13th: LP-5 Begins (1/13/2016-2/18/2016)
Jan. 18th: Martin Luther King Day (Holiday)
Jan. 29th: Quarter 2 Gradebooks Due
Jan. 29th: Email Employee Attendance Card