January 26, 2015
Let go of the people who dull your shine, poison your spirit, and bring you drama. Cancel your subscription to their issues.--Steve Maraboli
News to Roar About
- All of our staff who stayed and decorated for Instructional Fair. Everything is looking great and the kids were so excited to see their bricks displayed!
- Tammy and Shelly for heading up the decorating for the Instructional Fair. We appreciate your leadership and support. We couldn't do it without you!
- Malissa Koblick for ESOL/ ACCESS testing- great job!
- Custodial staff setting up the cafeteria for Junior Beta in such a quick and efficient manner.
- STEM Lab team help with the Maker Space set up. We are excited to see it in action.
- Shout out to the teachers who have helped Keith to find missing technology.
- Layla and Mary for sharing a lesson during collaborative planning. Thank you so much for the awesome learning opportunities that math curriculum coaches provided! Everyone loved the Notice and Wonder lessons! They were "wonder"ful and will inspire all of us!
- Good luck to Melissa McConkey! We wish you the best as you start your new position in a week from now! We appreciate all you have done at Harbins!
- Thank you to our certified staff members for your time at RBES mid-year conferences.
- Tom, Bridget, Cindy, Mandy, Jennifer and Christy for your support of our grandfather in need at car riders. We are so fortunate to have such a responsive and supportive staff!
- Special Areas teachers for being so understanding when your RBES session was interrupted.
- Kathy and Chris for sharing with our school council on Thursday. They really enjoyed seeing some of the tools that our students are using.
- Thank you to our amazing instructional staff for your great feedback on our vision and mission at CFGs on Tuesday. Your wisdom and insights are always impressive!
- Thank you to our staff and students for another successful fire drill. We are grateful for those gorgeous weather days.
- 5th grade for a great collaborative planning session on Friday. We look forward to the outstanding student achievement that will result from your hard work and great planning!
When: Thursday, January 29th 6:30 - 8:00
The Instructional Fair is quickly approaching! The kids were so excited to see their bricks on display. Remember to wear your iBUILD shirt with a pair khakis or casual pants (not jeans) on Thursday to wear to the Instructional Fair. Remember, this is a required event for all instructional staff (certified and paras). We need all hands on deck to make this night a success!
Reminder: Kid Talk Data Should Be Entered in Spreadsheets by Friday, January 30
We will have our statewide tornado drill on Monday, February 2 at 9:10. Wait until the 3 blasts to take cover. Please take a few minutes between now and February 2 to review the procedures for this drill with your students and be sure everyone knows where to go. IF there is really inclement weather on February 4, we will have the drill on February 3 at the same time instead. We don't want to frighten the students.
RBES Mid-Year Implementation Update Reminders
FLEXIBLE SPENDING AC COUNTS
Fun Run Kick-Off Schedule
How's It Going?
Student Survey Schedule for Grades 3-5
Technology Weekly Update (Please click each week for new info.)
Grade Level Professional Learning
- January 28 - 2nd Grade Collaborative Planning
- January 29- No grade level professional development
- January 30 - 1st Grade Collaborative Planning
- February 4 - Tool Time
- February 5 - Grade Level Staff Development - Math
- February 11 - Grade Level Planning
- February 16 - Professional Development Day - Math/Literacy Combo
- February 19 - Grade level Staff Development - Literacy
Troy University MS in Elementary Education - Representative at Harbins on February 2nd in the Tiger Conference Room
Troy University’s M.S in Elementary Education is a 36 hour program that can be completed online in just 1 year and 1 term. The M.S in Elementary Education is approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission. For more information teachers can follow the steps below.
1. Go to http://www.gapsc.com/
2. Select Certificate Upgrade link (click here)
3. Select Certificate Upgrade Advisor link (click here)
4. Current teachers select the Login button and Others select the
Quickview button (click here).
5. Follow prompts to search by program of interest.
Classroom Spirit Award
School Improvement Team
The SIT Team meeting will be held on February 3 from 1:15 - 4:00. Location: Professional Development Room. Read Chapter 5 of Change Leader for our session.
News to Roar About
We will place “News to Roar About” in the Roar each Monday. It is our hope that throughout the year that you will take time to send us a note to let us know about a colleague who deserves recognition for outstanding work. Please be sure to share your compliments with us so we can highlight those individuals in the Roar. You can email compliments to Cindy Truett or Montine Powell.
Leaders in Learning
A Chrome file will be shared with each teacher, please go in to list your Leader in Learning for August when Montine sends out the notification email.